Official PPUSA Interview: FATES WARNING...Any Question for the Band?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Greetings!

I've requested an interview with Jim Matheos, head honcho/guitarist for the legendary Fates Warning. I hope to chat with Jim within a couple of weeks.

If you had 45 minutes with Jim, what would you ask him? What would you tell him? Favorite Fates/Matheos/OSI album?

What do you expect from a Fates Warning appearance at ProgPower USA?

Any Qs you have, post 'em here. I'm not sure Jim will have As for all of them. But it can't hurt to ask, eh?

Cheers,

Bill

Who is officially "in" FATES WARNING now? Is it down to a duo (Jim/Ray) with guests?

What do you think of Ray's other band REDEMPTION?

If you could delete one song from the FW catalog, which would it be?

Why is there such a lack of guitar solos on later FW albums?

Seeing as how he's been a part of recent touring line-up's, do you forsee Frank Aresti being included on the next FW album?

What are the advantages of handling the bulk of the writing for FW on your own? What are the disadvantages?

How difficult is it having the other members/guests of the band scattered throughout the country?

Do you have a consistent songwriting process? Or does it depend on the song/album as to how they come together?

I have a few questions:

1) Why didn't Frank Aresti participate in the making of "FWX?" After all, he rejoined the band in 2003.

2) Does Jim think that John Arch will ever record another full-length album, and if so, would he like to participate in it?

3) Considering that all of the members have been involved in other bands for the last five years, is there a possibility that Fates Warning will ever make another album?

For the love of god, please reconsider your relationship with John Arch. The EP he released is mind blowing and it is a crime he does not appear to be working in the industry any longer. Would you ever consider a one album renunion simply to see if that old magic can be recreated?

1) If there is another Fates Warning album in the works, will MARK ZONDER be playing drums, as Mark was quoted being still interested in playing on the albums, just NOT TOURING with FW in the future.

2) SECOND NATURE: the project that eventually became TRANSATLANTIC. If you could just guess, how would it have been different, had it happned with you, Jim, and not Roine Stolt of the The Flower Kings? Were some of the ideas you had for Second Nature, used in OSI?

3) MIKE PORTNOY: Would you be interested in working with him again in the future? He was quoted in an interview recently about not working on the 3rd OSI album:

"So I passed on doing it. It’s a shame because Jim Matheos [Fates Warning, Gordian Knot] is one of my best friends and I love him and I’d still love to work with him in some sort of project"

4) OSI: What are the odds of a tour or any 1-off concerts taking place for the band.

5) Do you stay in touch with JOHN ARCH? From what you know, would either a new album OR a LIVE APPEARANCE be a possibility in the future?