Oh Dustin...

JazzMX5

Jul 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
A little anecdote from my store today which you might like...

I had Sega GT 2002 running in the Xbox demo unit. As you well know, all of 'Present Day' is ripped onto that machine, and at one point I sabotaged the game's own playlist to run 'Evil Princess'. A couple who were in the store at the time seemed to listen for a couple of minutes, then asked about who did the music in the game. I told them it wasn't actually in the game, but that you can play your own music in it too, and told 'em about Katagory V. They seemed really impressed, and said they liked it. :)

There ya go, cool bands being promoted in video game stores. What is the world coming to? :D

Originally posted by Ruined Luna
A little anecdote from my store today which you might like...

I had Sega GT 2002 running in the Xbox demo unit. As you well know, all of 'Present Day' is ripped onto that machine, and at one point I sabotaged the game's own playlist to run 'Evil Princess'. A couple who were in the store at the time seemed to listen for a couple of minutes, then asked about who did the music in the game. I told them it wasn't actually in the game, but that you can play your own music in it too, and told 'em about Katagory V. They seemed really impressed, and said they liked it. :)

There ya go, cool bands being promoted in video game stores. What is the world coming to? :D

:lol:
That is still the most original thing I have ever heard on promoting Katagory V!!! It totaly blows our mind that you have our album in regular rotation at the shop! hmmm... makes me think if people dig our music while watching a game demo, that we should probably solicit our material to game programmers for use on their games!!!

Now all you have to do Marcus is get that district manager promotion and force all your brances to have "Present Day" ripped to their Xbox! :D

\m/
Dustin

Ruined Luna is da' MAN!!!!

Cheers... I slipped 'em the website addy, so they'll more n' likely have checked you out by now. :)

I'd probably get fired if the 'higher-ups' knew about this, but what the hell... :D

"Er, yeah, I was just... erm... demonstrating the Xbox's custom soundtracks feature. Yeah, that's it." :cool:

Originally posted by rhavin2112
Dustin told me about your love of the X-box! Yes, it has become my life's ambition to own the X-box, despite the fact that I presently own a PS2, Gamecube Dreamcast.
Oh dude. That's nothing. I'm up to 28 (yes, twenty-eight) consoles now.

You should see what's next to my PC. A little portable TV with a system selector at the side, and the Xbox next to that. The shelf underneath houses the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and SNES. The shelf under that houses the Saturn and N64, and the mammoth Steel Battalion controller is on the floor in front of 'em. On top of the TV is a full Sega "Tower of Power" - a Genesis II with a Sega CD II and a 32X in situ.

Off to one side, we have an Atari Lynx and the PC Engine GT, both handhelds. (The GBA lives in my van most of the time, as unlike the others, it's actually practical to use most of the time, and is usable at all in daylight.)

There's also another 32X with the Lynx & GT, and the Lynx II is awaiting repairs at my brother-in-law's (although to be honest, I think it just needs replacing).

And there's 14 more consoles back in England, at my mum's place (including two PlayStations, two Atari 2600 VCS's, and three Sega Master Systems). :D

Amazingly, I still haven't got a PS2. :lol: I want one, but I'm not paying two hundred fucking dollars for one...

Originally posted by Ruined Luna

Amazingly, I still haven't got a PS2. :lol: I want one, but I'm not paying two hundred fucking dollars for one...

Oh god.... now I feel like the idiot...
I paid $300+ for my PS2... and that was two weeks before they dropped the price to $199.00 :mad:

can you belive it!!!! :lol:

\m/
Dustin

Originally posted by Dustin
Oh god.... now I feel like the idiot...
I paid $300+ for my PS2... and that was two weeks before they dropped the price to $199.00 :mad:

can you belive it!!!! :lol:

\m/
Dustin
Oof! That's gotta leave a mark!

It's hard for me to reconcile spending $200 ($225, really - memory card, bah!) on a system that is decidedly underpowered compared to two of my existing consoles (Xbox and Gamecube) with only two exclusive games I really, really must have. Both of which include the words Grand, Theft and Auto in their titles... :lol:

So, I'll wait. :D