Oh no. New linkin park album. With Rick Rubin.

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=news&id=12264

LINKIN PARK have announced their next album will be entitled "A Thousand Suns".

LP will reactivate live in October with an appearance at the Maquinaria Festival in Santiago, Chile and SWY Music and Arts Festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil and then tour Europe starting in Berlin on October 20.

The "A Thousand Suns" album will be released on September 14.

Rick Rubin and singer Mike Shinoda produced the album. That is the same team who did the last Linkin Park album ‘Minutes To Midnight’ in 2007.

The first single will be "The Catalyst", due August 3.

From July 10, fans will be able to visit the Linkin Park MySpace page and download stems of the song to create their own version of the song. The band will choose the best mix and invite the winner to perform with them on a song from the upcoming record.

“Our albums are the foundation of who we are as a band, and reserving a spot for a fan to play on one of our songs felt like a way to show our dedication to them,” says Mike Shinoda. “There are a lot of unknowns about what might get submitted for this contest, but that’s what makes it fun. Our fans continually energize us with their creativity and dedication, so I think they’re going to come up with something great.”

on the orange line: that last album... SUCKED.

on the red line: cool. http://www.myspace.com/linkinpark

2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents physically residing within the fifty (50) United States, Washington D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec),

I fucking hate when they do that!

I like Linkin Park but I hated the last album. Fuck those pop ballads. If they want to make industrial pop ballads at least make them decently, like Numb and Breaking The Habit. What I´ve Done kind of grew on me, but just because the rest of the album sucked so much. I hope they go back to rap metal like Forgotten, By Myself and Faint.

edit: oh, wait, isn´t Rick Rubin who destroyed the best Metallica album in decades?

Nah, I read an interview with Rubin in the New York Times (I think?) where he went on about how he knew nothing on the actual engineering side because he is "not a knob turner" or words to that effect.

A lot of his so called input to me just serves to make him look like a complete waste of space.