Ok, smart people... answer this questioon for me, and yes... it is serious.

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Ok... so...

You yawn when you have a lack of oxygen to the brain. This I know.

So... Why is it that you yawn when you're tired/bored? You figure you'd yawn when you wake up, to get oxygen to your blood that you may have lost with slower breathing. The reason why I think this, is because you have been breathing all day, and you'd have more than enough oxygen floating through your blood.

So, I guess my question is... why do you yawn when you're tired if yawning is caused by a lack of oxygen?

Actually, the new trend is to breath straight oxygen when you feel tired as it will help wake you up (this is really big in Japan right now for corporate types). Breathing is not at all causal. It's just the result of being tired which is due to not having slept in a while. It is entirely based on oxygenation of the brain.

when youre bored, or at least for me. you start to feel slow and you pretty much do nothing. it kinda slowsy downy your body which slows done your oxygen rate, in which it decreases. hence when you dont get enough oxygen to the brain you yawn

i think thats what it is

When I yawn I breath out in a weird way. yawning is not to give you a sudden increase of oxygen or to remove excess carbon dioxide. Yawns are actually unexplained. There are only theories about why we do it, the most common one is what you said Will. But it has never been prooven.

How many people yawned when reading this thread or thinking about yawning?

Slowed-down/lack-of blood flow to brain because of under-stimulation, thus lack of oxygen; would be my guess.

You don't.

Did I miss the ever-so-predictable "register now or forever be deemed a 'noob' by the forum regulars" sign-up date for the Neverboard? My mistake.

nah, you could introduce yourself and post regularly to gain the respect. if you randomly show up out of nowhere and start posting, it'll take longer to make people care about your posts :p

Oh, you're one of those forums...

You can't possibly expect me to go about posting in the whole cliche introduction/first post thread or something, right? And if you don't or won't care about my posts, I shouldn't worry about it then, I'd imagine.

Yes. I am one of those forums.

If you've noticed before you posted, we aren't the typical forum. Try to spot 5 topics on Nevermore in the past few months. It'll be tough. We'll answer questions, but for the most part, we are here for general discussion. All of us don't even like the band! MOST of us enjoy Nevermore. For one, I'm batshit insane when it comes to buying rare merchandise of Nevermore and Sanctuary.

I think that if I was interested in posting about Nevermore I probably would've done so, and in fact found somewhere else to do so (being that I did notice that Nevermore-related threads weren't ubiquitous in this Nevermore forum).
Ironic that after lurking this forum a few times before posting and observing the amount of randomness, my posts of that nature are discouraged.
As was expected, though.