Ok, smart people... answer this questioon for me, and yes... it is serious.

Random posts in a forum chock-full of off-topic(random) posts are infrequent.
Gotcha.
Alright see you in another thread or something. My input was in my initial post.

The oxygenation of brain depends on level of O2 in blood and cerebral circulation. The regulation of cerebral blood flow is a very complex process, which depends on glucose level, CO2 tension, K+ ion concentration, adenosine level and more.
When one is physically exhausted the dehydration occurs then the blood pressure drops and the brain gets not enough O2. When one is mentally tired (not sleeping for a long time) the glucose level in brain is lowered because glucose is used as energy for the majority of brain activities. The result of lowered glucose level is disturbed absorption of O2 in brain from blood.
During rest/sleeping the organism is very economic when it comes to energetic molecules and as there is almost no mental or physical activity less O2 is needed. Slower breathing is enough to get required amount of O2 into the brain and to “put some aside”. That’s why we don’t wake up tired.
Right after getting up the brain doesn’t get enough O2 for a few seconds because the blood pressure drops (while laying the heart and brain on the same level, standing up brain above heart) and the organism needs a little time to take care of the problem and get the pressure back to normal.

OK I just wrote a very long post and I don't even know if I explained anything...

The oxygenation of brain depends on level of O2 in blood and cerebral circulation. The regulation of cerebral blood flow is a very complex process, which depends on glucose level, CO2 tension, K+ ion concentration, adenosine level and more.
When one is physically exhausted the dehydration occurs then the blood pressure drops and the brain gets not enough O2. When one is mentally tired (not sleeping for a long time) the glucose level in brain is lowered because glucose is used as energy for the majority of brain activities. The result of lowered glucose level is disturbed absorption of O2 in brain from blood.
During rest/sleeping the organism is very economic when it comes to energetic molecules and as there is almost no mental or physical activity less O2 is needed. Slower breathing is enough to get required amount of O2 into the brain and to “put some aside”. That’s why we don’t wake up tired.
Right after getting up the brain doesn’t get enough O2 for a few seconds because the blood pressure drops (while laying the heart and brain on the same level, standing up brain above heart) and the organism needs a little time to take care of the problem and get the pressure back to normal.

OK I just wrote a very long post and I don't even know if I explained anything...

you should be my biology teacher

I'd happy attend lessons every day if Vera was my teacher.

Except, I don't need taught anything...

...in the subject of loving.

:erk:

nah, you could introduce yourself and post regularly to gain the respect. if you randomly show up out of nowhere and start posting, it'll take longer to make people care about your posts :p
fuck an introduction. those are always like "hi my name is joe i live in whogivesafuck, nebraska and i LOVE nevermore!@" no shit genius, thats why you're here. quality posts are what matters, and if you cant do that quantity is almost as good. or go for both like me.

see I was scrolling down this thread after reading Will's queastion to see if anyone could answer, and I see you did... :)
You actually explained it very well!

in a nut shell: when you feel bored, slow, tired, and mellow, you yawn because the blood flows very slow in your system, and as a result: doesn't get 'fast enough' to some parts of the brain which triggers yawning. When you're sleep, your slow breathing actually gets the most oxygen to your brain based on the fact that you breath deep, slow and your body is in no motion. So less oxygen to your muscels more to the brain who needs it the most during sleep.

*yawns*

I went to that Bodies exhibit that tours the country and you get to see a bunch of preserved bodies all cut up and whatever...anyway, at the exhibit it said that the theory of yawning to get oxygen to the brain is a bunch of horseshit and nobody really knows definitely why we yawn.

people are yawning when they read this thread, not out of boredom but because they are reading about yawning. Yawns are contagious, just thinking about them or reading or talking about them can cause you to yawn. Needing oxygen makes sense but i dont beleive that is the case.

I went to that Bodies exhibit that tours the country and you get to see a bunch of preserved bodies all cut up and whatever...anyway, at the exhibit it said that the theory of yawning to get oxygen to the brain is a bunch of horseshit and nobody really knows definitely why we yawn.
secret chiefs in your playlist, highfive!

I must've missed that! I saw it when it was in Philly