OK . . . so Metal Rules must have a new reviewer . . .

I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was saying that it is unusual for Metal Rules to give a good score to anything other than power metal, melo-death, or other types of girl metal.

Yeah I just thought about that, especially after realizing I bought their debut CD from you anyhow. :D

The only thing I know about metal-rules.com is that their list sucked, and apparently one of their writers is my evil twin. Fat George or something.

Black Winter Day said:
i can't tell you how many shitty CDs i've bought in the past because metal-rules gave them 5/5 reviews.
I bought INRI (Hyper Bastard Breed) and a Primal Fear CD. Both are atrocious IMO.

i think the latest ones were the haunted's "one kill wonder" and grave digger's "rhiengold". needless to say, i trust their reviews no longer.
Yeah, that Haunted CD is just plain boring. Did you ever read Gugs' review of Grave Digger?

...I’m pleased to confirm that not only does the music suffice; it’s a veritable treasure trove of crunchy, tasty riffs and huge sing-a-long choruses. It’s pump your fist metal, the kind you turn WAY the F*CK up, edging your speakers perilously close to the danger zone....

One Kill Wonder is a snoozer. Hopefully Dolving can bring back the vitality to the band, and also bring back the thrashiness that was sacrificed for melody the last two albums.

Black Winter Day said:
or was he the one who "vomited all over himself" after hearing madder mortem?
Yes, and I don't think he was the only one.

Dreamlord said:
Hopefully Dolving can bring back the vitality to the band, and also bring back the thrashiness that was sacrificed for melody the last two albums.
The Haunted Made Me Do It rules! :cool:

The debut shits all over Made Me Do It. The debut was an angry, angry beast and I loved it. Made Me Do It was good, but had way too much filler, and the addition of melody was the wrong move. Thrash with melody, hmmm, only the recipe for a hundred Swedish bands. Made me Do It just reminded me of latter-day At the Gates with a less qualified singer.

Dolving is a better, more original vocalist than Aro