Ok so now that I have UAD - Questions!!

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Ok so I just picked up a UAD-1e for $100 It came with Nigel, Pultec EQ, 1176SE, and Realverb Pro. The 1176 is AMAZING, I mean i been using a few of the different emulations out there but this thing is just CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ANALOG!!!!

OK so when I registered the product and plugins they gave me a $100 voucher to put toward more plugins, so what do I get! I'm thinking a LA-2A since I don't have one in any of my plugin bundles.

Granted this is only a UAD-1 but for the price I couldn't pass it up.

Talk to me, tell me what your fave UAD plugins are and why. I need to purchase wisley

la-2a is great. also very nice are the channel strips though i wouldn´t recommend the ssl for you as it is very cpu hungry. the neve 88rs is very cpu friendly.

i´m quite sure you will buy another card soon as these things are addictive. ;)

La2a for shure!
+1 to buying more cards(UAD2) the Fatso RULEZ.

The Multiband also rocks my socks but the latency is a pita.

I prefer the SSL 4000 strips over all the UAD ones...

Glad this thread popped up, I'm looking at shelling out for a Quad Flexi pack, seems like you guys like the results you're getting. Any issues or complaints about them? Apparently they're pretty CPU heavy.

well the uad-1 doesn't run all the new fancy plugins (fatso, mp, studer, etc.)

i'd get the dbx 160, great on drums, and doesn't have a waves counterpart

besides, you can demo all the plugins for 2 weeks each

Considered the 160 for Bass and Drums. But I do have a 160 style comp that works great on those, LA-2A is really the only thing I dont have or some form or style of plugin. I have the Waves Plat bundle so I have all the SSL, API, and Ren stuff, I have a 160 style comp that was bundled with Sonar x1. La-2A is looking like the way to go. Or maybe the 1176LN??

Anyone know the major differences between LN and SE?

From gearlslutz:

"Originally Posted by robdarling
The difference between the two is that the se does not have all the modeling blocks that the LN has. It has identical dynamic characteristics, but does not affect tone the same way.

FWIW, I actually use the SE a lot- probably just as much as the LN. It allows me to do heavy 1176 compression without the congestion/darkening of the tone that can often come with the 1176."

My suggestion is that it'd be wise to save some money to UAD-2 solo, for example, so you would get 1176LN and LA-2A with it and another 50$ voucher. (In my experience, you'll buy it anyway.. :D)

Oh for sure I will be upgrading, this was just a $100 investment into seeing how I like UAD and the whole expansion card thing. For $100 it was well worth the trial. Ill give it a few months see what I think about the stability and sounds and then look for something bigger.

I got my uad1 for 100$ also :)

but mine CAME with la2a and 1176ln :D

shame the uad1 isnt very powerful. can't have much going at one time :(

Has any one compared the the rack fatso jr vs the plugin fatso jr.? Its my next purchase for sure just debating on the UAD or the real thing.