UAD-2 card with have 100$ worth of voucher, what should i get?

C-Martin

Mar 8, 2009
Montreal
www.soundclick.com
I recently tried to sell my UAD-2 card but after using it a little more on a project i just finished, i realized that i could use the added DPS and that i like the different vibe i can get from the 1176LN compared to the CLA. I find it's like having multiple units of different era, i get to chose what flavor i want.

I have 100$ worth of voucher and there is currently a discount going on so i figured i would buy one of their plugins to try it out. I have no experience with the other UAD stuff so i am not sure what to get. I'm and trying to decide between one of their delay units (The EP-34) or the infamous DBX VU. Technically speaking, i could use the delay more than the compressor because my current CPU goes to shit when using the current delays that i have, I only have the default PT one and Waves MPX. I tend to used the waves more because i like how it sounds but it kill my CPU and if i can move that to the DSP with the EP-34 then i'll be capable of accomplishing much more with my CPU. I also thought about getting the new 1176's but since i have CLA and the UAD LN i don't know if i need THAT many 1176's lol The AE version does make it unique though with its 10ms attack feature.

What would you guys suggest i try? I plan on getting some of the more expensive ones when i get some cash but right now i just wanna take advantage of the offer and get one of the plugins for like 50$ to try out.

i use massive passive quite alot, also the pulteq eq and the Studer A800 emulation! those 3plugins are basically over my projects
then i have the copper time delay and the roland space echo too, but with those 2 i have difficult to use them in "normal" music, so most of the time i end up with softubes tube-delay for dirty delays

What makes the delays unusable on "normal" music? And what would you consider "normal" music to be? lol
i use those most for avantgarde, noise, industrial and ambient music, and they sound awesome!! but for my hard rock project, which i call "normal" music,lol, i cant get them to work, and of course its my fault, and how i work.
the plugins itself sounds great, no question about that, and you can demo them anyway before you buy them..

I havn't thought about that, i completely forgot that you can just activate the demos from the control panel without having to go trough any kind of registration and download. I will do that!

Anyone else have any suggested UAD plugins?