OK - talk about your favorite PEPPERIDGE FARM COOKIE

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
My new one is the "Mint Brussels". I always loved the "Brussels", but just tried the "mint" version recently. And I must say, these are some of the best cookies I have ever had in my life. They're crispy on the outside, but it's a light, creme-bruleesque crisp, with a hint of dark chocolate between said crispy wafers and a very light mint. These are very subtle cookies, and every taste is very light, as opposed to the thick, shortbread milano cookie. They also have only 190 calories per serving, and each serving is 3 cookies, so you can eat a lot of them.

Negatives: I left an open bag in my cabinet, after about 8 days they were soft. But that's another good excuse to eat them fast!

I used to live close to a Pepperidge Farm outlet store where they take the cookies once they've reached the 'sell by' dates but are still worth selling. I don't recall the name, but my favorite at the time was a sort of a fruit-filled sandwich cookie that was kinda thin. Had powdered sugar on it too I think. They had the low fat kind, so you could eat more.

The standard raisin oatmeal cookies are damn good too.
Maybe I should try those mint ones.

I'm going to have to say, the triple fudge cookie is defiantly my favorite, its a cluster of chocolate with flacky striped chocolate streaks on the outter layer. Inside is a flacky yet almost creamy filling that resembles the taste and texture of a lindt' milk chocolate truffel. I like to think of this as my welfare godiva, section 8 style.

While not a cookie, I go by way of the Goldfish, and that's the cheddar cheese flavor mind you, not pretzel, if I want a pretzel, I’ll eat a fucking pretzel.

I dunno man! I had a big conversation with someone about that recently. He was so fucking creepy, and he made a veiled threat, and he was on the side of every bag? How many nightmares did he cause before they pulled him?

The one to beat is the one that's like a little cigar. Try this, it's fun: put the end of one of those in your mouth. Bite a bit off, but don't swallow. Then blow it in someone's face. Face full of spittle cookie. Awesome! It may take a little practice, but it's worth it.

mike t

double fudge milano, and the strawberry filled ones with the powdered sugar on top. (i think the same one as chupe666 was talking about??)

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
While not a cookie, I go by way of the Goldfish, and that's the cheddar cheese flavor mind you, not pretzel, if I want a pretzel, I’ll eat a fucking pretzel.

a-fuckin'-men. preach on, my brotha!

Originally posted by saturnix
a-fuckin'-men. preach on, my brotha!

:lol:

Let me remind you then of the best of both worlds, three words, cheddar cheese Combos.

When did cheddar cheese goldfish become wiely perceived as the standard? I have friends who didn't even know the original-flavor (aka salted) existed. And I love them muchly, moreso than the cheddar ones.

I agree about the pretzel goldfish--blech. The pizza ones are good, though.

Originally posted by xfer
When did cheddar cheese goldfish become wiely perceived as the standard? I have friends who didn't even know the original-flavor (aka salted) existed. And I love them muchly, moreso than the cheddar ones.

I agree about the pretzel goldfish--blech. The pizza ones are good, though.

The pizza ones are quite tasty - but stay away from those flavor-blasted monstrosities!

my beef with the pretzel ones is that they go stale as soon as you look at them.