OK which one of you guys wrote this troll post on CL?

jackwhite.gif

I quite literally emailed that guy last night and thanked him for the funny. Apparently he's gotten like 80 emails about that post, almost all of which were from people who thought it was serious. Awesome.

I quite literally emailed that guy last night and thanked him for the funny. Apparently he's gotten like 80 emails about that post, almost all of which were from people who thought it was serious. Awesome.

As soon as I started reading that, I thought "man this sounds like something someone on the Sneap forum would post just to vent after dealing with another shitty local band." :)

The "Newman" part gave it away as fake, only idiots like us use that spelling to make fun of the bigger idiots that pronounce Neumann wrong.

Much of the incorrect terminology is more of what you see around production forums making fun of people like that in the post.

"We've got something like 12 songs so we won't need a lot of recording time. Most of the songs are around 4 minutes long so we can probably get them done in about an hour or so. Plus maybe an hour or so to mix. So I guess 3 hours will cover it."

:lol: made my day.

Haha! Most americans can't understand irony it seems :lol: (Big generalization, I know)

The "Newman" part gave it away as fake, only idiots like us use that spelling to make fun of the bigger idiots that pronounce Neumann wrong.

Much of the incorrect terminology is more of what you see around production forums making fun of people like that in the post.

Wait, so is it NOT pronounced like "New-man".

I always thought it was. Or is it "Noy-men"?

Haha! Most americans can't understand irony it seems :lol: (Big generalization, I know)

Nah, it's kinda true. We're young and unable to laugh out ourselves in the same way most other countries/cultures can.

Wait, so is it NOT pronounced like "New-man".

I always thought it was. Or is it "Noy-men"?

It's "noy-min" - in German the 'eu' dipthong creates an 'oy' or 'oi' type sound as in "oil" or "boil". It's almost a direct translation of "new man" but that would be neue mann and not a single word.

^^ :lol:

WTF.

"We want to record for free".

"We realize being in a real studio is going to cost lots of money".

So what is it?!?! They want a shit demo?!