OKAY NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO: paragon of beauty - comfort me, infinity

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
welcome to part 1 of "OKAY NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO"

this is one of the worst albums i own that is actually really, really good

the vocals are objectively awful (but subjectively great), the production sucks (especially the drum sound) and also it has lyrics like this:

Every night I open my poetic window-book
Retired upon subdued lime trees
Pondering over me and you to fail again
Untimely sympathy for shallow layers
It puzzles temptress, starry-eyed
Will o' the wisp, exiled jester-daffodil
I am an elegiac herdsman lost
within a woodpecker's stanza

and i don't even care because as over-the-top as it is in its melodramaticism it actually comes across as sincere, well-written, and genuinely emotional sometimes

exhibit a:

when this gets going you'd best WATCH OUT
heard it a thousand times, the "and i still FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL" part still gets me every time

exhibit b:

no i have never heard katatonia why do you ask

exhibit c:

ridiculous lyrics but i gotta love the guy for it, because it's what he does. the "chorus" rules.

so if you're not averse to pinkage, come on now, try it out, won't you listen

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think it would sound worse if they fixed what is "wrong". You gotta have something atonal or dissonant or whatever to bring out the beauty.
Can't say I love it at first listen but the guitar tone is quite good.

la-linea05.jpg

this actually sounds a lot like Autumnblaze's first album. Pretty sure they have members in common.

they do

the previous ep had something quite different, a REALLY REALLY good song where they borrow heavily from "dance of december souls" and "for funerals to come" instead of "discouraged ones"/"tonight's decision"

i mean listen to this

has lyrics like "who dared to kiss a jester's hand / while he raped my drunken violin" fyi

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't get through Exhibit's A & B, completed C (surprisingly). Conclusion, this is Awful.

I patiently await round 2 of ""OKAY NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO"