okay QOTSAheads

QOTSA Ready Live DVD

Rockers include rarities, lost track, Desert Sessions on first live CD/DVD

Queens of the Stone Age are set to release their first live CD/DVD package just in time for Christmas. According to frontman Josh Homme, the effort, recorded at London's Brixton Academy last week, will feature a host of special material, including early rarity "The Bronze" and "The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died," a cut lost during sessions for their 2005 album, Lullabies to Paralyze.

"It sounds like a circus -- like you won stuff at a carnival," he says of the rediscovered "Fun Machine." "The tapes got lost. Actually, they were just at another studio, but we falsely accused everyone in the world of theft."

The upcoming release is also set to include live versions of several songs from off Homme's side project, the Desert Sessions, a series of double albums culled from his time with a rotating cast of musicians he periodically records with in a remote area near Joshua Tree, California. Those tracks include "I Wanna Make It Wit Chu," off Desert Sessions, Vol. 9-10, and an instrumental titled "Covered in Punk's Blood," off Vol. 7-8.

Although he is currently recovering from exhaustion and knee surgery, Homme is already forging plans to write and record Desert Sessions, Vol. 11-12 later this year. Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins will join the cast, as well as Homme's friend from his hometown of Banning, California, Taylor Stevens. If schedules allow, he also hopes to rope in a certain fierce-talking Canadian. "I would love to get Peaches there," he says of the electronic/alt-hip-hop star. "That's all I care about. Peaches! Peaches! Peaches!"

QOTSA head out on a headlining trek with Nine Inch Nails beginning September 16th in San Diego. Los Angeles trio Autolux and Canada's Death from Above 1979 will fill in on support duties. "It's cool," he says of the impending dates. "It's diverse enough -- but the reason [we're touring together] is because we both want to do our own thing. Have you seen them lately? This is the best version of Nails I've ever seen."

including early rarity "The Bronze" and "The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died," a cut lost during sessions for their 2005 album, Lullabies to Paralyze.
the bronze rules and lolzolzolzolzolz at fun machine, that was an awesome joke that fooled me until i looked it up.

also three sheets to the wind are going to try and get on the upcoming desert sessions. it probably won't happen, but i've talked to josh a few times and my guitarist gets recording tips from him quite frequently, so it's possible! :headbang:

Crimson Velvet said:
I just hope for your sakes that the bass-player keeps his clothes on for once...
that dude left the band actually, so no worries. :loco:

that dude was a prick, but god damn he had a great scream and a fuckin KILLER thump.

i'm actually looking forward to playing onstage naked, afterwards i'll always be known as beergutbassnad and hopefully get some big panties thrown my way. :headbang:

Are you gonna take me home tonight
Ah down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out
Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin' world go round