Old geezer

Mr. Macabre

New Metal Member
Nov 24, 2020
I'm kinda new to this internet thing, sorry. I just might be the oldest person on this forum, only time will tell. I'm 61 years old, and I've been a metal head since the '70s. It started with zepplin,aerosmith,alice cooper, and rush, and I've been hooked on it ever since. As I've gotten older, instead of "mellowing out" like most people do, I've gotten angrier and more interested in the "dark" side of humanity and our belief systems. I am a huge black metal fan, and being an atheist probably has a lot to do with it. European black metal is what I started listening too in the begining and my personal favorites would be WATAIN, BEHEMOTH, ROTTING CHRIST, SEPTIC FLESH, MELECHESH, and older DIMMU BORGIR. There are too many too list. I live in the pacific northwest with my wife of 38 years and we have 2 kids and 4 grandkids. My family doesn't understand my taste in music and never will. That's okay, I don't understand their choice to be Christians either. Living near Seattle gives me the chance to see live music, and I go to as many shows as I can. Of course, everything is canceled for who knows how long, but this has to end sometime. As I'm writing this, I'm listening to the new INQUISITION record " BLACK MASS FOR A MASS GRAVE". Huge fan of this band, I think that they got screwed by that joke of a website Metal Sucks. A perfect name for those clowns. I know some people would disagree. That's okay, the truth of what really happened 5 years ago will only matter to people who are fans of the music like me, and unlike VARG VIKERNS, no one was hurt and they can continue to make new music and tour. I look forward to interacting with fellow metal heads.