Old metalhead

Mr. Halloween

Aug 1, 2023
I'm a 64 year old retired metalhead living in Washington state in the US. I've been a music fan my entire life, and a metalhead since the late 70's. It started with Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nugent, and RUSH. When the metal scene exploded in the 80's, I was in the middle of it, my wife and I were both born and raised in Southern California and lived there until we relocated to Washington state in '94.
As I've gotten older, my taste in music didn't "mellow" like most people, I was listening to darker, heavier, angrier music. For the past 20+ years, I've listened exclusively to death and black metal. I fucking love this stuff.
I can still listen to anything from the 80's like 'MAIDEN, PRIEST, DIO, or MOTORHEAD, but my preference has been for the more extreme genre's of metal. I've been to countless concerts in the past 43+ years. My first show was RUSH in 1980 on their Permanent Waves tour, I still have the shirt from that tour.
I just saw CATTLE DECAPITATION and DARK FUNERAL a few weeks ago down in Seattle, and I'm seeing BATUSHKA on the 25th of this month. I can't wait.
Looking forward to being here.