Old In Flames

we actually all prefer the new in flames here pal, sorry. A88 won't have a bad word said about A Sense of Purpose.

Ignore De4life he's just trolling. I listened to it and I actually quite liked a bit of it. Some catchy riffs and melodies, especially the first track. By the way, where is the intro on Balance from? I really feel like I recognise it from somewhere, maybe a Dark Tranquillity intro or something?

Hey Krofius, glad to hear you liked some of the stuff. Not sure about the Balance intro, my friend who mixed the songs was the one who found the fx.

we actually all prefer the new in flames here pal, sorry. A88 won't have a bad word said about A Sense of Purpose.

Yep bro, ASOP all the way! Fuckin' deep, poetic, legen...wait for it...dary!

@21-only-son

Nice stuff man. As Krofius said, some catchy riffs and melodies, some cool thrashy parts.

wtf. STYE and ASOP are two of the best albums in history. Not a single flaw on either of them (Bottled aside). I LIKE YOU BETTER DEAD :headbang: I FEEL LIKE SHIIIIT, BUT AT LEAST I FEEL SOME ... THING :headbang:

SOAPF is by far the best of new In Flames. The songs have much more emotion and better composition than anything made after Clayman. I like STYE. Great album really, although quite a bit different from the rest of their discography.

I still stand by my claim that ASOP is their weakest album. Because it is. Hands down. It doesn't have the energy of STYE, the intensity of RTR, the melody and consistency of CC, and it doesn't have the emotion and flawless song writing that is SOAPF. Yeah, it's got some great songs, but for the most part the album sounds like the released an album for the sake of releasing an album. I'd take any In Flames album over it any day all day.

By the way, quoting that lyric doesn't help your case. That lyric sounds like it could have came from any early 2000s whiny ass nu-metal band. Hardly "poetic" hardly "creative" and mostly writing something for the sake of doing so.

What? That shit is deep man. Real man can, like, relate to that stuff, ya know...

Were they like satanist or something when they wrote shitty lyrics like this?

Truth serves them embrace
And defend her case
Part flattery, part threats
"For those who cling to this
Dominion will partake in its fall"

WTF is that shit about!? And when they play melodies with like, two guitars and stuff... and no chuggin', SO BORING.

ASOP and STYE rulez. Dat growlz! :kickass:

By the way, quoting that lyric doesn't help your case. That lyric sounds like it could have came from any early 2000s whiny ass nu-metal band. Hardly "poetic" hardly "creative" and mostly writing something for the sake of doing so.

come back to me when you're a metal superstar like Anders or A88. The lyrics from Whoraclle don't even make any sense. It's like they took a bunch of long, gay words out of a dictionary and threw them together and said "that'll do" :D

stye, come clarity and asop are real as real gets. lyrics that look into the soul of the individual human experience and breathe new life into what had been a dead genre. I pity your inability to experience that.

come back to me when you're a metal superstar like Anders or A88. The lyrics from Whoraclle don't even make any sense. It's like they took a bunch of long, gay words out of a dictionary and threw them together and said "that'll do" :D

stye, come clarity and asop are real as real gets. lyrics that look into the soul of the individual human experience and breathe new life into what had been a dead genre. I pity your inability to experience that.

If you want "as real as it gets" lyrics, SOAPF destroys anything else they've written.

I don't know what being "a metal superstar" has to do with anything, and I don't know why the both of you are quoting lyrics from their older material. I never said once In Flames lyrics, old or new, were "deep" or "as real as it gets" with the exception of SOAPF. Honestly this isn't even about lyrics, it's about the music in general. I was stating that quoting the lyric you did didn't help your case because it literally sounds like any other angsty bullshit band. It isn't deep, it's not original, and it's nothing special, much like the rest of that album. I pity your inability to appreciate more meaningful material.

If you think In Flames breathed life into a genre that was "dead" then you most certainly weren't paying any attention to what Soilwork was doing during the 2000s. Monster albums coming from them. The genre was far from "dead" during that time.

i love the old stuff too. cloud connected is a great song. as for SOAPF having deep lyrics... "AND I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ... AGHHHH ... OR MAYBE I DO !!"

:D sure pal.

i love the old stuff too. cloud connected is a great song.

Also, Black&White. :headbang: That stuff is like, ancient. Up there with the pyramids. And I love it. Jumpdafuckup! :hotjump:

Music, beats, Anders' angelic voice, lyrics about interracial threesome. Just perfect.

I've come to the conclusion, yes I know
That between black and white
There is no room for two
The scale it might be wide
But there's no need to be blind
Between black and white there is no room for two

lyrics about interracial threesome. Just perfect.

:D see, this is what I love about In Flames classic, old school material... it can just be interpreted in so many ways. it's why we love them.