old school fan

izzov

New Metal Member
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
Hey-

I'm an old school anthrax fan from the island years. I live in philly and i'm gonna check out the show on friday night at the troc. ANyhow just wonering how much island stuff they are playing now a days considering that there is no more joey...anyone have some set lists?

later
izzov

Here is what happened at the Hartford show, this is what Harms Way posted about it.... It's on another thread.

Great show! Oh man I had so much fun. What do these guys get better the older they get? Best ANTHRAX show I've ever been to! Got some cool pics with the band after the show, and they are selling t-shirts just like the band wears! (got one of those to!) Hartford usually sucks for ANTHRAX but this time was different. Scott even said he was happy with the huge turnout and crown response. Well I'll try and remember the setlist to the best of my ability.....I know I'm missing some though...

1. Contact
2. What Doesn't Die
3. Black Dahlia
4. Got The Time
(the rest is out of order)
- Safe Home
- Black Lodge
- Refuse To Be Denied ( this song rocked!)
- Only
- N.F.L. (almost shit myself)
- Metal Thrashing Mad
(Encore)
- Antisocial
- ? ( can't remember )
- Bring the Noise
- Whiplash ( only part of )

They always skip Armed and Dangerous, but usually play Metal Thrashing Mad from Fistuful of Metal (for shits and giggles).

You'll usually hear Caught in a Mosh, Nice Fuckin' Life, Got the Time, and Anti-social. I wish they'd dig a little deeper into Among the Living and Persistance of Time, since those two albums as chock full of classics (IMO).

In fact, I think that between ATL, POT, and SOWN, there's only one bad song: Skeletons in the Closet. It sounds like a half-assed Slayer rip-off. :loco:

Say, does anyone know why they don't play many of Danny's old solos anymore? Did he threaten to sue them, or is Rob having a hard time learning those? Spitz may be terminally fucked in the head, but he played some mean licks, back in the day. It'd be a shame to lose that stuff. :ill:

DoctorX3 said:
Say, does anyone know why they don't play many of Danny's old solos anymore? Did he threaten to sue them, or is Rob having a hard time learning those? Spitz may be terminally fucked in the head, but he played some mean licks, back in the day. It'd be a shame to lose that stuff. :ill:

They play most of the old solos. Only times where I know they skip solos are "Caught in a Mosh" and "In My Wolrd." I think "caught" is better without it. "In My World" needs its solo however. Oh, and "Among the Living" as well. They probably skip them to save time for the most part. But Rob has played solos in NFL, Be All, End All, Indians, Antisocial, Metal Thrashing Mad, Only, 1000 Points of Hate, Room For One More, Madhouse, and probably some others.

jdelpi said:
They play most of the old solos. Only times where I know they skip solos are "Caught in a Mosh" and "In My Wolrd." I think "caught" is better without it. "In My World" needs its solo however. Oh, and "Among the Living" as well. They probably skip them to save time for the most part. But Rob has played solos in NFL, Be All, End All, Indians, Antisocial, Metal Thrashing Mad, Only, 1000 Points of Hate, Room For One More, Madhouse, and probably some others.

Damn. I swear I could remember him skipping more than that, but Caught in a Mosh was the most noticable to me. I always thought of that as among the best Anthrax solos.

1.) Time
2.) Caught in a Mosh
3.) In My World
4.) Hy Pro Glo

DoctorX3 said:
Damn. I swear I could remember him skipping more than that, but Caught in a Mosh was the most noticable to me. I always thought of that as among the best Anthrax solos.

1.) Time
2.) Caught in a Mosh
3.) In My World
4.) Hy Pro Glo

Back on the Killer A's tour they did not play the solo of "Be All, End All," but that was part of the old school medley they have dropped (hopefully for good).

"I am the Law" has never been without its solo.