Old School Metal Shows

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along. :Spin:

Raven_The_Pack_Is_Back_front.jpg

I'd surely attend if I was living in that area. I never had the chance to see Raven live, and I'd love to see A Sound Of Thunder live, as well as Widow.

Actually, no. It's considered a professional courtesy (to say a different term than "the goddamn right thing to do") to contact a band's booking agency PRIOR to contacting/negotiating with a band regarding shows.

It's a matter of respect and of doing things the right way.

I see that this is resolved already, and we never contacted Widow in the first place,but... wouldn't it actually be up to Widow to say "hey, you've gotta deal with our agent"? They're the ones who have the deal with you. We're not booking agents, we don't know all the ins and outs! There was certainly no disrespect intended!

-Josh S.
A Sound of Thunder

I see that this is resolved already, and we never contacted Widow in the first place,but... wouldn't it actually be up to Widow to say "hey, you've gotta deal with our agent"? They're the ones who have the deal with you. We're not booking agents, we don't know all the ins and outs! There was certainly no disrespect intended!

-Josh S.
A Sound of Thunder

Ha!!! I like this guy Nina!!!! Keep him around!

Having seen ASoT in Nashville, headlining a bill that had about 47 complete crap bands I had to sit through, I giggled when I read Nina's comments about Widow not being terrible. If you had seen the craptastic bands in Nashville, you'd understand.

Have you double-checked to make sure you didn't accidentally book some OTHER Widow onto the show thinking it's that Widow?

When my sister had her wedding she booked a wedding band called Rumpeltsiltskin and I was really, really hoping it would turn out that she accidentally booked the 80s thrash band. But no, turned out to be just a regular ol' wedding band.

Have you double-checked to make sure you didn't accidentally book some OTHER Widow onto the show thinking it's that Widow?

Haha! No, I didn't book them... the VENUE asked if they could play the show I'm bringing. It is indeed the same Widow, though I've known several other bands with Widow in their name.

Pathfinder MetalFest V - Atlanta, Nov 10th:

10PM - RAVEN (60+ m)
9PM - Mnemosyne (40 m)
8PM - Brazen Angel (40 m)
7PM - A Sound of Thunder (40 m)
6PM - Burning Shadows (40 m)
5PM - FIAKRA (40 m)
4:30 - doors general admission
4PM sound check and doors (VIP & Press)
3PM load in

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE with links to each band for samples (look in the event details/more info)
CENTER STAGE LINK with ticket information ... although if you have not purchased tickets yet please consider spending the $2 difference at the door, which gives the bands 25% more money directly. Thanks! :)

PMFV_4x6.jpg

Warning; the following post is being made at 4am after a long night of metal

HOLY SHIT! What an epic night! First off being a guest during my friend's black metal band at a small house/frat like party (all I know it was in a small room in front of 15 people)...Heron be good stuff for fans of black metal. Next off to the Divebar - I actually got to watch an entire Widow performance this time! Having seen them 1 1/2 times previously, enough said about them. A sound of thunder - NINA, well done pretty spanish lady! Seriously what you hearon the cd is what you get live. She is one of the few female voices lately to grab my attention with that blend of fury/melodicness what have you.. i suck at a describing.

Without a question of a doubt, the highlight of the night was RAVEN. I went to this show knowing nothing about them. While I was enjoying ASOT's show, I was out of it for some reason, ie just really chill. Those guys snapped me out of it and I was having such a blast especially being right up front and center. I couldn't really hear vocals unfortunately but I could hear a lot of King Diamond/Midnight like vocals mixed with the music of somebody like Judas Priest and even Paul Gilbert (thats who at least I kept on thinking of during the show)...again I suck at describing. Amazing musicians and would absolutely love to see these guys live again.

Aside from a stupid parking ticket, it was a very good night.

Thanks, dude! That was honestly one of the best gigs in my entire life. It was awesome to finally see Widow, who I consider to be one of those bands that I would have fallen in love with if I were a teenage girl.. XD And Raven played just about the most entertaining set I've ever seen, equaled only to the NEXT night, which was so f'ing epic my guitarist got "trashed" (hehe) during Raven's set and started drunk texting them about how awesome they were. It was that kind of night.

My only regret is that there should have been more people at the Pathfinder show. Seriously, that was some epic shit. Here's hoping we can do more to advertise the next one, because man, not only were Raven good, but every band was right on top of their shit and I even fell in love with some new bands (I'm looking at you, Brazen Angel, and your Devil Went Down to Georgia cover...)

So yeah, epic.

Oh yeah, one other thing that would have completed the night...

Mnemosyne needed to play "Hurtin' for a Squirtin'". e_e