old school - older school - Hordes of Chaos!

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey dudes :)

I just listen to the new Kreator..WTF! This sounds absolute natural for me. I love the perfect Andy productions (that´s why I´m here). But the new Kreator production seems there was a total different approach, total fucking different sounding, when I compare it with some high end productions. I also can enjoy this kind of production a lot. Kreator´s Performance is absolutely GREAT!!

What do you think about the new Kreator?

I gave the first half a quick listen, so I can't remember. I'll check it out again tonight.

Recently, I've been gravitating towards a lot of "organic" sounding or just plain raw production. To me it isn't necessarily a bad thing and can fit the music much moreso than a polished sounding production.

For me, if the band is great, then I can appreciate, and even sometimes prefer, a more raw production. Each case is different though.

-Joe

Hi Joe :)

I´m really blowin away..just NOW I listen to it the fresh first time. "Absolute Misanthropy" just runs and i´m excited about the performance, the aggression and the natural sound. It sounds like in the 80´s hahaha I think, not ALL of you sneapsters like it. But I (as an absolute old school thrash metal fan) enjoy it a lot. Organic is a good word to describe it!

Nice! Gonna check it out again.

"Coma of Souls" is my aboslute favorite. The live in East Berlin DVD is quite awesome as well.

-Joe

Nice! Gonna check it out again.

"Come of Souls" is my aboslute favorite. The live in East Berlin DVD is quite awesome as well.

-Joe

Yeah, I think the historical background also was the reason for the unbelievable emotion on this East Berlin concert..I saw some snippets, but I need this one on dvd absolutely! Coma of souls is awesome. And "People of the lie" is my Kreator alltime fave!

Yeah Felix, I really dig that DVD. The opening of the scene of the documentary with a hammer protruding through the wall is pretty awesome.

And yes, "People of the Lie" is an amazing song!

-Joe

I'm pretty sure the dvd has nothing from "Coma of Souls" on it, but is still pretty awesome. I was equally excited about the documantary when I got it.

-Joe

+ 1 to basically everything that's been said here. :kickass:

Yeahhh :kickass:

I just started to listen the cd the second time. I try to describe my impression in few sentences. This Album is human, I feel the musicians, the credibility & the ambition behind it. It´s absolutely contrary to being sterile or artificially sounding. All seems very real. This Album has some kind of charmant freshness and anger, that I really enjoy.

Yeahhh :kickass:

I just started to listen the cd the second time. I try to describe my impression in few sentences. This Album is human, I feel the musicians, the credibility & the ambition behind it. It´s absolutely contrary to being sterile or artificially sounding. All seems very real. This Album has some kind of charmant freshness and anger, that I really enjoy.

Yeah, and thanks to Colin :)notworthy) Richardson the mix is still pretty clear and punchy, everything we love about modern productions. It's like the best of both worlds!

And this is by no means a diss on Andy's work with the band, which was great in it's own, different way.

I think it was a good change for the guys to be honest. There were reasons why we did it differently on the previous 2 (although the bass went down with the drums on VR). Sami didn't actually play rhythm on those 2 either. I think Ventor has come on alot better since rejoining the band too.

Yeah, and thanks to Colin :)notworthy) Richardson the mix is still pretty clear and punchy, everything we love about modern productions. It's like the best of both worlds!

And this is by no means a diss on Andy's work with the band, which was great in it's own, different way.

I can say, I love both production styles. Enemy of god was great on another (more perfect/care taken) way. The new Kreator sounds more old-fashioned and I think, some old school thrash metal fans will love exactly this.

I think it was a good change for the guys to be honest. There were reasons why we did it differently on the previous 2 (although the bass went down with the drums on VR). Sami didn't actually play rhythm on those 2 either. I think Ventor has come on alot better since rejoining the band too.

Yeahhh the master himself, it´s an honour! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I think you had a great and funny time together with the Kreators makin the previous 2 records (hahaha just remember this video, where Mille synchronized you)

I actually think theres a good middle ground here. I think you are digging the performance aspect, which is what I was saying about bands actually being in a position to come in and record live, it just doesn't happen these days and to be honest with the previous 2 albums we were after tightness. I think thats what fans will like about this release. I think having 2 guitarists helps for a band feel also.

Interesting, man :) Did Kreator play most of the stuff live together in the Studio for the last 2 records ? Did they want it on that way?

I have read some stuff, that they used extremely old-fashioned gear to produce the new album, like in the seventees..haha maybe it was a joke from Mille. I don´t know..maybe it´s actually true :)

and to be honest with the previous 2 albums we were after tightness

Nevertheless fuckin great job on this records. I want to emphasize this!