Old tape/CDR trader misses trading

NancyS786

New Metal Member
Hi,

My picture is ancient as is my metal collection, I don't know if I've gotten anything new since the early 2000's.

I am 52 years old, had been into Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and who knows what.

I found underground metal/hardcore punk in the late 80's, it really changed me, well can't listen to Iron Maiden anymore.

I guess my favorite from the 80's would be Slayer Reign In Blood/Hell Awaits, Dark Angel Darkness Descends, Corrosion of Conformity Animosity (the album that really changed my taste in music), Old Suicidal Tendencies ending with How Will I Laugh Tomorrow, and I'm sure there is more.

I was broken hearted by what happened when Pantera came out and people starting dropping the thrash beat to make money.

In the 90's I found European metal. This is probably still my favorite. Black/Viking/Forest, Doom, stuff I have a hard time putting a name on. In the Woods Heart of the Ages, Enslaved Vikingligr Veldi, Satyricon Dark Medieval Times, Beherit Drawing Down the Moon, Tristitia One With Darkness/Crucidiction, On Thorns I Lay Orama, Saturnus Martyre/Paradise Belongs to You/For the Loveless Lonely Nights, My Dying Bride Turn Loose the Swans, Paradise Lost Gothic, Emperor/Enslaved Hordanes Land, Septic Flesh Mystic Places of Dawn, Misanthrope 1666... Theatre Bizarre, Katatonia Dance of December Souls, Dissolving of Prodigy Lamentations of Innocents, In Slaughter Natives Enter Now the World/Sacrosancts Bleed, Puissance War On.

Well, I could go on I guess but I hope that helps. At some point I thought the 90's metal was devolving into Ambient and folk, and I wasn't ready for that. Einherjer Aurora Borealis was amazing but their next album was not.

I ended up getting into techno or aggressive techno then. I really like Feindflug, Dulce Liquido, Terrorfakt, Obszon Geschopf, doesn't seem like I found as many bands in this genre but I never had a friend who liked that kind of music.

I have more recently gotten into psychedelic music, old 60's stuff like Ultimate Spinach, The Electric Prunes and newer bands, my favorite being Electric Moon, and Camera.

I tried finding newer popular music I liked all I really found was Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti.

I just don't like pop. I like blues, don't really like jazz. I like the heavier classical music but I'd rather it was incorporated into other music.

I have a pretty amazing collection of 256 bit rate songs from the stuff I've mentioned, particular the 80's and 90's stuff. I'm sure I have thrash metal no one has ever heard of, as well as stuff from the 90's.

I sure hope I can make a friend who would say, you like that, well, you'd really like this, and maybe we can trade on google drive or something.

Thanks for reading my long post and considering to become a friend of mine.

Nancy Sexton

Reactions: CiG