OMFG!!!!!!!

That was pretty generic. It's nice that they don't take themselves seriously, and I think a lot of bands actually don't, but I'm sure there are thousands of D&D nerds who wear trenchcoats and collect swords who think this is serious important shit and blast it from their cars so all the unbelievers may hear the sound of true metal.

heh no at the concert i last went to of theirs, the people who had plastic swords (me included) were just joking around. One of their tshirts even has a 'how to write a generic power metal album' thing on the back:

Boring mid-tempo power metal
∙ Standing still on stage
∙ Stare at instrument
∙ Lyrics don’t rhyme
∙ Shit pronunciations
∙ Guitar strapped under the chin
∙ Two fast songs per album
∙ Three crap ballads per album
∙ Repeat all for the next album and tour

dragonforce are pretty cool, "valley of the damned" is like a glorious metal fondue, but the solo on that song is too long and not particularly impressive :cry:

I don't care about power metal at all. some of it is catchy...but it's just not really my thing. The riffs generally are pretty boring. But what really gets on my nerves is when some nerdface classifys a power metal band as "prog" just because there are shredding guitar/keyboard solos. I think the whole playing fast 16th, 32nd notes is just overly done to hell and overrated...bring on more of the complex time signatures. Shredding is such a trend these days, everyone is concentrating so much on just playing as fast as they can instead of carefully composing good songs, or just trying to write solid riffs. I can't be in guitar center or guitar trader for 5 minutes without seeing some bowl-headed mutt trying to play Alexi Laiho runs. I love solos, I'm a fan of them, I think they're essential...but whatever I hate it when something so well respected becomes such a trend...At The Hatebreed. Who would have ever thought that at the gates and hatebreed styles would fuse together leaving the impression on upcoming metalheads that it's authetic "metal"...sorry I don't want indie rockers playing melodic death with their indie rock posture, musicianship and vocals, thank you. 3 bashes in one post. Most productive thing I've done yet today.

Dreadful said:
I don't care about power metal at all. some of it is catchy...but it's just not really my thing. The riffs generally are pretty boring. But what really gets on my nerves is when some nerdface classifys a power metal band as "prog" just because there are shredding guitar/keyboard solos. I think the whole playing fast 16th, 32nd notes is just overly done to hell and overrated...bring on more of the complex time signatures. Shredding is such a trend these days, everyone is concentrating so much on just playing as fast as they can instead of carefully composing good songs, or just trying to write solid riffs. I can't be in guitar center or guitar trader for 5 minutes without seeing some bowl-headed mutt trying to play Alexi Laiho runs. I love solos, I'm a fan of them, I think they're essential...but whatever I hate it when something so well respected becomes such a trend...At The Hatebreed. Who would have ever thought that at the gates and hatebreed styles would fuse together leaving the impression on upcoming metalheads that it's authetic "metal"...sorry I don't want indie rockers playing melodic death with their indie rock posture, musicianship and vocals, thank you. 3 bashes in one post. Most productive thing I've done yet today.

chris, you crack me up. but well said.

...."at the hatebreed". lmao...classic.

while i'd agree with that Dreadful, there's also the case that odd time sigs have been done to death as well and are the stereotypical representation of what is "prog"

Dreadful said:
Bleeding Tranquillity(from my broken heart)

Under(Ceremonial)Oath

Yes, it seemed as though Dark Tranquillity were beginning to lose their touch with the over-keyboarded Haven & Damage Done, but Character is an amazing release and I really think that it's a step forward for the band. ( I know, I'm a DT fan boy :D )

Trey Parker said:
the "you can't do that on television" reference was unbelievably amazing...and i like how people fall in family guy. it only takes 2 frames to animate someone falling over, or like chris when he fell from his 2nd story window...incredible

i always loved the falling in 2 frames too dude. chris falling hahahaha, oh man.

NineFeetUnderground said:
...the cheese factor in that posted song, as well in maboolshit was quite similar to me.

is there another Mabool cd out there? it cannot be the same album that i have you refer to. Mabool is easily the best album of the last year and its as far away from cheese as Israel is far away from peace...

ChrisEmerson said:
heh no at the concert i last went to of theirs, the people who had plastic swords (me included) were just joking around.

My mates have been to see them (would have gone myself but couldnt), and they said that was the funniest thing all evening, even more than WASP. Join me in a chant for Herman's Hair!