OMG! Big news!

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
encycmet.com exclusive: Regular visitor Darktt sent me the following news/rumors. An industry insider whom I work with in the Perth music scene has spoken to the tour promoter of Australia's Big Day Out Festival (name shall remain disclosed for privacy). it is confirmed that Metallica have signed the deal to be tour headliners for the final Big Day Out festival tour in Australia for January 2004.
This years Big Day Out Festival 2003 saw the Foo Fighters headlining the tour, with Queens of the Stone Age among other great bands in support. The Big Day Out in Australia started back in 1992, and the Big Day Out 2004 will be the last ever, with Metallica as headliners seeing it to the end.

It has not been publicly announced as yet, but it IS confirmed that it is the last Big Day Out festival in Australia for 2004, and that Metallica will headline the event nationwide, most probably in conjunction with their own Australian tour at the same time. Cities pencilled in for the BDO tour are: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth at the moment.

All people in Australia, or anywhere else, who want to meet the band backstage should sign up to the fanclub as soon as possible. The club give away free passes to members, so join here now

Encyclopedia Metallica
http://www.encycmet.com

:OMG:

most probably in conjunction with their own Australian tour at the same time

Unless there are other good bands playing at the BDO, I'd probably try and catch them when they play by themselves.
I hate teenagers. :mad:
I've also hated Metallica for a while, so I may not bother at all. :mad:

I read the same sort of news at blabbermouth.
I haven't seen them live yet so I am looking forward to it !!

Did Lars write that last paragraph or what ?? :p

Originally posted by Goreripper
I would go to the BDO because it's going to be the last one. Then I could say that I was at the first one and the last one. I actually went to the 'very last' BDO in 97 when they said there wouldn't be another one.

Hey the only ones I have been to was the one in 92' and 97'!:D