One-Inch, and anyone else

I just did a review of the new Hermano, did you read it? :kickass: or :cry: ?

1. Slo Burn - Amusing the Amazing
2. Unida - Coping with the Urban Coyote
3. Unida - Best of Wayne Gro split EP
4. Unida - unreleased / El Coyote
5. Hermano - ...Only a Suggestion
6. Hermano - Dare I Say...

If I had to rank that along with Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age albums it would be very difficult, so I'll probably tackle that later just for the helluvit anyhow. :loco:

Is this something I should be checking out? My friend gave me "Blues for the Red Sun" as a going away present, and it completely owns my anus (in addition to what NAD sent me from and "Wretch").

Hey thanks! :kickass:

Fully agreed man, the dude has an absolutely incredible voice and he's ALWAYS doing something. That unreleased Unida album has the potential to bring back the RAWK to the rock n' roll masses, but Jive is too fucking stupid to release it. Although they'd probably give it shit promotion anyhow. Fuckerz.

Marksveld said:
Is this something I should be checking out? My friend gave me "Blues for the Red Sun" as a going away present, and it completely owns my anus (in addition to what NAD sent me from and "Wretch").
Everyone needs to check out Unida. You can find the unreleased album on your favorite Illegal Music Downloading Thingy, or I can upload it here. Again. :loco:

Kyuss fans NEED Slo Burn.

Hardcore desert rock folks would do well to check out Hermano, especially the first one.

Oh yeah and Brant Bjork's (original Kyuss drummer) solo stuff too, Doomcifer made me a CD-R and ordered an original copy of Jalamanta halfway through the first listen. Shit is just chill desert music, very fucking cool.

Rare, but can be found for pretty cheap. Huzzah to another Man's Ruin release, such a damn shame that so many incredible albums were released by them and now they're all defunct and shit. Balls. BALLS!

I'm just getting started with all this stoner and various-degrees-of-Kyuss-related stuff, but it kicks ass and I can't wait to actually own it! I almost bid on a Unida LP off Ebay but decided I had to have the cd for car-listening purposes, cause this shit rocks so much it would be perfect to listen to on the road! :kickass:

Demilich said:
I'm just getting started with all this stoner and various-degrees-of-Kyuss-related stuff, but it kicks ass and I can't wait to actually own it! I almost bid on a Unida LP off Ebay but decided I had to have the cd for car-listening purposes, cause this shit rocks so much it would be perfect to listen to on the road! :kickass:

Dude, you're absolutely right. I have decided that as of now, Kyuss is the ultimate driving music.

I recogniz Kyuss' brilliance, but they were never my favorite. Sky Valley rules, and I like some songs on Blues for the Red Sun, but Wretch and And the Circus... have yet to fully grip me.

The Slo Burn EP is vintage Garcia.

Circus > Sky Valley > Blues > Wretch

I think Slo Burn is Garcia's best moment though, fucker just wails on that one.

This might sound blasphemous, but sometimes I think the latest Queens album is better than all the stuff that came before it, Kyuss included. Seriously, it's THAT effing good.

EDIT: WTF DOUBLE BLASPHEME

One Inch Man said:
This might sound blasphemous, but sometimes I think the latest Queens album is better than all the stuff that came before it, Kyuss included. Seriously, it's THAT effing good.

EDIT: WTF DOUBLE BLASPHEME

Nah man, Josh Homme just completely and totally owns everything in the world. It's amazing... I really can't put words to what I'm thinking.

His riff structure is amazing. I don't even know how he does it, but he's able to intersperse rythm and lead lines into the same riff. Absolutely mindboggling to watch and listen to, once you realize it isn't two seperate tracks overdubbed.

Also his use of harmonies is just extraordinary, the layers upon layers of it on Lullabies is so freakin' incredible, every time I listen to it I'm picking out new shit he has going on there.

The man is a true genius.

I don't want to start a thread just for this news item so....

Stooges Reopen "House"
Deluxe editions of Detroit rockers' first two albums due

Expanded versions of the Stooges' howling, hard-rocking first two albums are headed for record stores on August 16th. Rhino Records' double-CD deluxe editions of 1969's The Stooges and 1970's Fun House will feature the original album plus a bonus CD of demos and rarities.

The bonus disc of the Stooges' eponymous debut contains alternate takes and mixes of classics like "I Wanna Be Your Dog," while its Fun House counterpart also includes two songs, "Lost in the Future" and "Slide (Slidin' the Blues)," that did not appear on the original release.

Formed in 1967, the Stooges were Detroit's gritty response to what singer Iggy Pop calls the "wockety-wickety-wackety-woo" of the hippie movement. "It didn't even rock," he told Rolling Stone in 2003 of the flowery soundtrack to the Summer of Love. "I mean, 'Marrakesh Express?' It may be the worst song ever written."

Sky Valley is one of the driving records, along with Monster Magnet's "Dopes to Infinity" and Clutch's self-titled.

I just wished that SLo Burn had released more than 4 songs. Man, can't imagine how good that thing would be had it ben a full-length.

Garcia>>>>Homme