One of my PCs just wont connect to the net anymore

Oct 16, 2010
Uk
Hi.

So this is REALLY pissing me off.

Absolutely nothing has changed in my set-up.

I have 2 LAN connected computers and 2 wireless computers on my network. The other 3 work fine.

It's my LAN computer that has suddenly stopped working. I have tried unplugging the other LAN cable, restarting the router countless times, ipconfig/ release and renew...

Even a system restore to back when it was working. Nothing!

I can't even connect to my router 192.168.1.1

Automatically obtain IP and all that is on.

The only thing that had changed is that the avast free demo had run out, since moving over from AVG, so I thought maybe that was blocking something even though it should be running in free mode now. But I uninstalled that too and it's still not connecting.

Any ideas please??

Assigning a static ip doesnt work? Can you ping any other hosts on your subnet? Can it ping itself? Check for virii and you're on the right track with the firewall. Could also try uninstalling the device in dev-manager and reinstalling.

Assigning a static ip doesnt work? Can you ping any other hosts on your subnet? Can it ping itself? Check for virii and you're on the right track with the firewall. Could also try uninstalling the device in dev-manager and reinstalling.

Thanks for the reply man.

I'm not completely clued up on networks, they pretty much confuse the shit out of me. All I do know is what I've always done in the past has worked, so excuse me for sounding dumb...

I wasn't sure how to ping, rather than ask here I Googled it, I pinged Google and it works fine now! WTF? Does pinging somehow reactivate something? My computer has been without the net for 2 days now.

Mods please feel free to go ahead and delete this thread if need be.

To be honest I'm even more confused now if it happens again when I shut it down. Was it the pinging or did it just somehow happen to just start working again due to other circumstances???