One of the best bands in metal today...Gojira

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
They are french too!:lol:
They have 3 albums out and a DVD, pretty hard to find in the states, except the new album, from mars to sirius. I cannot stress how awesome all these albums are. Check them out. From mars to siris and terra incognita are my favorites, but the LInk is awesome too.
www.myspace.com/gojira

They are the band I'm most excited about in today's metal (except nevermore), they sound very different than everyone else. They do their share of ripping off morbid angel, sepultura, old metallica, and meshugah, but the final product is very original and awesome.
Check youtube for vids and songs go on their myspace. My favs are Flying Whales, Backbone, embrace the world, from mars/to sirius, global warming and the list can go on. Everysong of their is my favorite
Check em out you will probably like them if you like death/thrash or any of the bands mentioned. Give them a few spins they will grow on you.
a Nevermore/Gojira tour would be exceptionally awesome and probably be the tour of the millenium! You know what to do Steve :lol: :lol: jking man, but such a tour would totally kill and pwn the whole metal scene like never before

Haven't gotten into it myself, heard From Mars to Sirius and nothing seemed too special. I'd give the 'most excited about' tag to Mnemic, they were killer with Soilwork last year. Would've seen Gojira live if I had the money (they came near here with Lamb Of God, Machine Head, and another band that shall go unnamed) but I didn't.

Jeff

I really really like these guys, simple in places and still fucking crushing.

There are just some parts in their songs that take the fuck off and you can't help but bang your head :headbang:

Hmm, gave them a week and I just don't hear anything special. It seems like a watered-down version of Isis that tries too hard to be proggy and doesn't lose the awkwardness.

Jeff

I fucking love this band. I've yet to see them live, but hopefully they'll support Machine Head, LOG, etc. in June when they play Glasgow. That'd be fucking fantastic.

Take out the 'a' and it's fine.

Anyone else think the French bits on Once Was Not are funny? It's hard to make French sound as metal, even when you say that you want to rape someone to death with a teapot full of napalm it sounds like you're trying to seduce someone. Ahh, those French.

Jeff

These guys kicked ass when I saw them with LOG/Machine Head in Santa Cruz. I hope they come back sometime this year or next:headbang: