Onslaught cancels US tour...new bands coming soon

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
from odin on facebook.

The bad news is that Onslaught is out. This is because their record label, AFM Records, wants to postpone their USA tour so they can promote their (Onslaught's) new album more in Europe. Unfortunately, this means that Exumer, Bonded by Blood, and Fueled by Fire are dropping out as well since they were a part of the original Onslaught tour over here in the USA.

there will be new bands announced soon enough.

from odin on facebook.

The bad news is that Onslaught is out. This is because their record label, AFM Records, wants to postpone their USA tour so they can promote their (Onslaught's) new album more in Europe. Unfortunately, this means that Exumer, Bonded by Blood, and Fueled by Fire are dropping out as well since they were a part of the original Onslaught tour over here in the USA.

there will be new bands announced soon enough.

Tough break. It will be hard to replace four bands like that all at once.

Yeah, bummer for Odin as it would have brought in a different crowd.
Overall though for the core audience (which I know isn't enough sometimes to keep the fest financially afloat), it isn't too much of a loss.

I know I may sound like a broken record, but what about Manilla Road?
New album in February. Make it their US CD Release party!!!

No to Manilla Road....too expensive plus draws in the same crowd who are already coming.

?????????????????????????????????????????

Too expensive? Their cost has to be a fraction of what that Onslaught tour was. I do agree to a small fraction of a degree that it would pull from the same crowd. I think what it would do though is bring in all the fence sitters.

Though its a city show which means your best bet is thrash or death, which further means, don't care so go with whatever draws....

?????????????????????????????????????????

Too expensive? Their cost has to be a fraction of what that Onslaught tour was. I do agree to a small fraction of a degree that it would pull from the same crowd. I think what it would do though is bring in all the fence sitters.

Though its a city show which means your best bet is thrash or death, which further means, don't care so go with whatever draws....

nope......again you speak before knowing the facts. The Onslaught tour was still cheaper and for 4 quaility bands.

Fair enough......
I know what Manilla Road wanted since I was the one who contacted them.

If the Onslaught tour was cheaper than that, then Mike got a VERY good deal.
I suppose that's always the benefit of getting a tour package if it works.

I see that the Anthrax / Exodus / Municipal Waste / Holy Grail tour goes to the end of April.........

How sick would that be to see Anthrax at Reggies!

I suggested a lot of the bands you are all mentioning....issue is money. Since the Onslaught was a tour package it was much cheaper getting the 4 bands at a single price instead of flying and paying a band to come out.

Annihilator I would love to see, but I could see how they could be pricey. I like some thrash, but I'm not all that knowledgeable about the underground thrash bands. Most of the bands on here I wasn't hellbent on seeing, though I think I would've liked Exumer.

So back on topic, are we looking for bands to appeal to this guy?????????
ffW3N.jpg