Opener for European tour?

worldwide_suicide said:
:cry: NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO YOUR THREAD :cry:
I am actually waiting for *the* Mikael to reply: "Sister, enlighten us. Who would you like to see opening for Opeth in December?" :Smug:

i cant order any tickets for the uk shows, well i cant find any on ticketmaster etc. does it mean ill have to wait until it says "on sale" on opeth.com? cause the links for the tickets are already there...thats why im asking..

opethmaniac said:
GOJIRA would be awesome !! :headbang:
So true! As it now looks like I'll only get to see Opeth in Strasbourg - and if it's gonna be a French band - I'd so *love* to see Gojira or Yyrkoon...:)

sister ophelia said:
So true! As it now looks like I'll only get to see Opeth in Strasbourg - and if it's gonna be a French band - I'd so *love* to see Gojira or Yyrkoon...:)

He he, I'll be there too Dude !!:headbang:
Gojira would really be amazing but then, Opeth would really have a lot to do : having seen Gojira 3 times now, I promise you it must be such a hard thing to go on stage after them !!
And it's funny you talk about Yyrkoon since I know them actually, I spent an evening with the bass player something like a month ago, for a birthday, at Amiens !!
And give a listen to Aabsinthe "The Loss of Illusions"..they sound pretty much like a mixture between Opeth, Dark Tranquillity and...Gojira !!
http://www.aabsinthe.com/
http://www.aabsinthe.com/downloads.html

opethmaniac said:
Gojira would really be amazing but then, Opeth would really have a lot to do : having seen Gojira 3 times now, I promise you it must be such a hard thing to go on stage after them !!
Indeed...myself I was lucky enough to have seen Gojira twice and they literally blew me away...that would be *truly* challanging for Mike and the lads to play after them...especially in France...

sister ophelia said:
Indeed...myself I was lucky enough to have seen Gojira twice and they literally blew me away...that would be *truly* challanging for Mike and the lads to play after them...especially in France...

Anyway, I think we're kinda dreaming here, you know !! It would be such a great thing to see those 2 bands on the same stage but, in the other hand, I think Gojira is big enough now not to have to support another band, especially in France...Plus, there is a big chance for them to be already on tour somewhere in Europe at this times, so....
But Aabsinthe would definitely be such a good choice...