Opeth and Rick Rubin.... ??? maybe...

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
There was an article on Blabbermouth where Mikael talks about how he got and email from Rick Rubin just to say hello.

Now I doubt this would ever happen but what do you guys think. If it were possible would you like to see Rubin produce Opeth one day?

I myself have a lot of respect for Rick Rubin even though not all that he has produced is in my favorites basket. Hes a great producer and has a natural ear for that. I wouldnt mind if it actually came to that, a chance for Opeth and Rubin to work together... well just as long as Opeth kept it hard on the death metal parts.

It probably will never happen so dont be scared but what do you guys think?

i would hate this. opeth has never been about producers, rubin would change things.

Well, considering Rubin isn't about changing all the stuff, I doubt it'll happen. What he does with Metallica now is come by every once in a while, listen to the stuff, say what he thinks is good and what he doesn't and leaves them to try something different themselves. I'm sure they'll have all the freedom they need with Rubin, but I would prefer that they keep working with either Wilson or Borgen, I think they're both great for Opeth.

Rubin not saying much to Metallica....but Metallica needs to listen to someone besides themselves, that's for sure. They need help, maybe listen to their many disgruntled fans.