Opeth Anthology?

Nebularus

Sep 19, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Hail,

I was perusing through the Release Date section of the latest Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles magazine (the one with Opeth on the cover! - issue 65) the other day, and I noticed that under the upcoming releases category, there was the following listing (on page 62):

Opeth - Anthology ------ Snapper UK

The was no date set for it, but I wonder what is being planned for this? I mean does it make sense to release a cd like this for Opeth (couldn't anthology in this case just be a fancy way of saying "Best of")? Unless it's a double cd, I can only see one song per album fitting on it. Plus, I can't imagine a fan getting it unless there were some unreleased tracks on it or something.

Obviously nothing is set in stone yet.

Interesting...

Filip

Anthology isn't usually a best of, it's more like a collection of older things - I'm thinking FInal Fantays Anthology here :). Perhaps it's like a box set of everything pre-BWP(which in most places are extremely difficult to find).

Tis strange indeed, We wil problably find out about that when the new Opeth site is up! I can´t wait for the Damnation samples!

This can't be legal...it says that it has all the albums on this cd-rom, plus live at Mil Metal Fest 2000 and the Apostle Demo, and then another band.

It has a alot of these anthology cd-roms for many different artists. How can this be legal?

I almost want to buy this Opeth one though, just for the bootleg and the demo...:mad:

Well, obviously things can change and this Anthology may never materialize, but the magazine won't just make things up. Snapper UK came to THEM and submitted that release as something that is planned for the future.

I'm surprised that more people aren't discussing this. It IS another Opeth release!

Now that I think of it, maybe it's referring to a DVD? The entry in the mag. didn't mention this (and the mag does have other DVD entries), but you never know.

F