so i bought the BWBK with an Opeth interview in it

Post_Scriptum

Jan 24, 2003
tmvfr.info
then i went to the page where all the release are announced and theyre saying that Opeth are suposed to release an album called Anthology with the company called Snapper :Smug: they dont say when its suposed to come out though

sorry, but its true

and they didnt talk about it in the interview, it was in the part called "Metal Forecast"

opeth.jpg

Opeth needs to take all this one step at time. I mean, they have a pretty solid following. They started writing material in 1990, released their first album in '95, the rest followed '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03... And now they're making new releases of everything. If I was Opeth, I would've gotten a better producer to do the first three albums, and then waited until maybe the eighth album to release an Anthology. Well, Cannibal Corpse has been around only a bit longer, and they already have a 'Best Of', so... Whatever.

Judas Pissed said:
No it's not but it's their record company's style or manager or whatever "higher power" has control over the business side of things. I doubt it's their decision.
I don't think so, they can't exactly force them to release a new album can they? I mean, Opeth still own the music so it's their choice what is done with it.

No actually, often they're contractually bound to release either an album or a compilation within a certain time or whatever other guidelines they signed to. Usually bands take the best of/compilation album path when they have one album left to give their label and want to leave. Silverchair had this problem...they only had 3 albums but their record company released a best of...

But yeah, it could be their decision.

How can they do this to Opeth? People's tastes are so varied, how can there be chosen 6 or 7 "best" songs to make an anthology of? It's kinda ridiculous, expecting anyone to buy shit like this for such a modern band. I can understand doing this for a band once their career's over, but not when it's still in full swing. I don't care, I think it's wrong.

Reactions: Judas Pissed