Why are some Opeth fans so annoying?

I love Opeth, I have every one of their cds, and a couple t-shirts, and whenever I get the chance I try to spread them around, get a little publicity, but that's not because I'm a little gay fanboy who only likes Opeth and nothing because they're "cool and unique." I do it because I love their music and I want to give other people whomay not have heard of them the opporunity to at least sample some of music just to see if they like it. If they do, that's great, a new fan, but if they don't, that's perfectly cool. I don't try to force it on them, I just say "It's cool, not what they like, whatever. They have their own preferences." I've actually now worn an Opeth shirt to school for four straight days. Does that make me a crazy rabid fanboy who does nothing but talk about Opeth all the time? Let them talk all they want about Opeth, you all probably go crazy from time to time plugging your favorite band because you love the music and you want other people to have the opportunity to listen to this godly music. It's just sharing the wealth. Let them do it. You aren't being forced to listen to them, so why give a shit?

What is annoying?
And who cares apart from yourself.
If the worst annoying aspect of your life are Opeth zealots then you are doing fine.
A little perspective on the nature of the human race would provide you with the obvious answer.
I mean that guy who shotgunned two people to death because they were carrying out abortions and that did not concur with the insanity of his fundamental Christian beliefs. Now that is what annoys me. But maybe annoy is the wrong word.
Geez there is a certain inevitable annoyance factor in our lives.
Without that there is complicity and a static life.
We need the annoying fans as much as we need all the smart well balanced ones as well LOL.

I'm sure once Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,
Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,Opeth,
release the old stuff that we all love, the filtering process will occur....

But yes.....This is why i listen to Opeth for my own personal interest and despise posting on this board. Because knowing that people that I utterly can not stand in real life relate to the same music that i listen to makes me fucking sick to my stomache. I hate the thought of it, so i agree....Most Opeth fans are just fucking annoying....well said....

there are no more annoying opeth fans than there are annoying burzum fans, or annoying incubus fans, or annoying *nsync fans, or annoying grindcore fans. you say you get tired of the silly minutiæ discussed at-length here. well, what did you expect? it's a message board for a band; with a finite amount of material to discuss, topics are going to go all across the board.

if some opeth fans seem over-elitist that opeth is an artsy band, it's probably because all the tr00 metal lovers scoff and belittle opeth and its fans for not being more like mayhem or necrophagia (demiurge being a recent example). the fans of a band are all secretly proud of a certain facet of their band that separates them from the norm. opeth is lumped in "metal," but they've released an all-mellow album! they must be cool! some fanboys like dream theater because they play their instruments faster than the rest. others like cannibal corpse because they're louder and more violent than the rest. others prefer pain of salvation, because they're more emotional than the rest. some prefer korn, because they're dipshits.

jerkface, you're suffering from elitism yourself. you're mad that a band you've liked from the beginning is now large enough to attract the less savory portions of the demographic alluvium. get over it.

There are many annoying Opeth fans as with any other band. Among the most annoying are the fans that claim they're more of a fan than everyone else for one reason or another. I listen to Opeth because it's good music(all of it, not just the soft parts). It's creative and the technical quality of the music is good.

How can you be more of a fan than someone else? That's the most crackheaded thing I've heard in a while. If people really think that way, we have a problem.

Every band has their annoying fans, especially Tool and DMB. Gosh, I do want to hurt them...

I was really into Opeth, as I'm sure all of their fans were at some point, but I don't remember ever drooling over them and wanting to get their name tattooed on the head of my cock(someone actually did say that at one point, scary!). However, I still maintain that hoping my mom likes the band is just a personal thing I have. I wouldn't try to get my mom into Emperor or Cryptopsy. Opeth have softer moments that I'm sure she can enjoy, so I share it with her.

See, I love my mom, and want to share things with her. I think Jerkface has a mother-son complex or something. Maybe they snorted coke together when he was younger or something, I don't know...but I think it's unfair that I be deemed an Opeth fanboy because i hope my mom can appreciate them.

That being said, there still are some horribly annoying Opeth fans out there...like the ones that started the thread about how hot Swedish men were or the ones talking about Mikael growling under their bed or some shit like that...

anonymousnick2001 said:
That being said, there still are some horribly annoying Opeth fans out there...like the ones that started the thread about how hot Swedish men were or the ones talking about Mikael growling under their bed or some shit like that...
:tickled: