All the new Opeth fans

I could contribute to this thread, but 1. to measure one's validity based solely upon when they started listening to the band is fucking insane, and 2. to measure one's validity based soley upon when they started listening to the band is fucking insane.

I'm an Opeth fan essentially because of RR and Ghost Reveries. I had listened to them since I was in middle school (must have been before BWP) but it wasn't until Sounds of the Underground that I became a fan. It was just such a pleasant change from the noise and screaming that had preceeded their set. It was then that I came to really appreciate Opeth.

Who's your favourite member of Girls Aloud then?

Mine's Kimberley.

kimberely5ho.png

hmmm

Even tough i just joined last year it doesn't mean i just got into opeth.

I've actually been listening to them for about two years. The first album I heard was Morningrise.
So don't be so quick to judge by the date you joined.

Yeah, a whole bunch of us joined last year who seem to be the regular posters... I have liked them since 2003 I think. Maybe (late) 2002, I just didn't go on forums back then, or have a PC of my own!

i started listening to them like two or three days before lamentations came out... i bought it on the first day (i got the dvd case not the digi that everyone else seems to have)

i would rather not keep Opeth to myself. i have tried sharing it with my friends, and i consider myself lucky that someone did the same with me. i had no idea that opeth were out there, but the minute i heard them i was hooked. i know there are other lost people suffering through crap music that need opeth.......HELP THEM

PEAC EOUT!!

Confessor of Tragedy said:
i would rather not keep Opeth to myself. i have tried sharing it with my friends, and i consider myself lucky that someone did the same with me. i had no idea that opeth were out there, but the minute i heard them i was hooked. i know there are other lost people suffering through crap music that need opeth.......HELP THEM

PEAC EOUT!!

exactly what happened to me. my friend showed me my arms your hearst and like someone else said on here "my jaw has yet to get off the floor" or something. i listened to BWP and my jaw just went straight through the cement. fucking amazing. i first wanted to listen to them when they placed second in the "best metal band ever" thread in the mxtabs forums. i did hate it though when i burned a cd for a friend of mine and he started walking around saying that opeth is his favorite band even though he only heard the 9 songs and nothing after that, but whatever atleast he heard/appreciated the almighty Opeth. Opeth!!! :kickass:

well,, im new to the forum proper but ive been listening to opeth since like a couple of months after they released still life.anyway i really doubt that all the people here are from the orchid era,and they prolly think the same about every other opeth fan

I'm a relatively new fan (through GR) but I've been into extreme music for a while. I've been reading reviews and will be buying Morningrise this weekend.

I too was introduced to Opeth by a friend and it has really changed my musical tastes. I had no idea such music existed at the time. I think we should keep that kind of thing going for those who have yet to discover the brilliance of Opeth.

I've been a massive Opeth fan for the past year, though I'd heard of them a few years before that, yet never got into them because the only album we had at FYE was Damnation (which I didn't appreciate at the time, sadly). One of the admins on the Thrice forums sent me Moonlapse Vertigo, and I thought it was pretty sweet - he then sent me the whole Deliverance album, which I could not stop playing for weeks. It's now 1 year later and I have/own every album, a few shirts, and have seen them twice in concert. They rapidly climbed to the top of my list of "favorite bands", and are probably the greatest single thing to happen to me as far as music goes.