All the new Opeth fans

Who gives a Fuck. Better late than never. Anybody who has 1 musical brain cell working knows Opeth are supreme in the music they create.Period. Whenever people on this forum started listening to Opeth, be it 5yrs, 5months or 5 minutes doesn't mean jack shit to me. I joined this forum to get intellectual opinions and musical suggestions, as well to share mine. Not to hear "I've been listening to Opeth for 5yrs and you just started so I know more than you" bullshit. What are you fuckin' 9 yrs old. Grow the fuck up! I'll be seeing Opeth tommorrow night Feb 18th. And believe me I'm not coming backe here to find out if Opeth was great or not. I''ll DECIDE for myself.

BRI said:
It's very clear how well RR have promoted Opeth since they signed on, and I do think it's great that Opeth are getting new fans. I'm not one of those people who thinks that their favourite band should be "my special thing that nobody else can enjoy", but it is getting very annoying the amount of people who've gone and bought / downloaded Ghost Reveries and now believe they are hardcore Opeth fans, or even that they are now into extreme music (lol). I shouldn't feel this way but I do, maybe because I cherish Opeth so.

x2 :(

I only discovered Opeth when Ghost Reveries got an amazing review in Kerrang! but I would call myself a pretty hardcore/knowledgable fan though. Just because the new boys haven't known Opeth for as long as you older fans, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.

I, for one, completed my collection last week with the Lamentations DVD. I have had every studio album and a few bootlegs since last October I think and have listened to Opeth constantly since then. I have also seen them live so I can say I'm fairly up to speed now. Opeth also opened the door for me to a lot more music with heavy vocals as I was never into that stuff. Thanks to Opeth, I am now listening to bands such as Decapitated, Cryptopsy and my personal favourite Wyrd. Those guys are awesome.

Opeth Albums:
1.Ghost Reveries
2.My Arms, Your Hearse
3.Still Life
4.Blackwater Park
5.Damnation
6.Deliverance
7.Morningrise
8.Orchid

This doesn't mean that I dont like the 2 earliest albums, it just means I like all the stuff after them more. I think Opeth matured in their writing style and ability so their later releases were bound to be better structured and listenable. the first two albums for me seem to drag on and become a bit stale after a while. Where as GR and SL... :headbang: Serenity Painted Death fuckin' owns!

If you havent been listening to Opeth before they got a recording contract and don't own their garage demos, youre not a true Opeth fan. Or if you don't know all their lyrics by heart. :tickled: Just kidding, i got into them during BWP and have got a few people into them and its always satisfying introducing people to Opeth.

to apreciate the musical nuances,it should take this long
after all it's been nearly 12 years since Orchid came out...when you summerize a band's developement over 12 years in 2 weeks...it loses the whole sentiment.

moliver777 said:
Just because the new boys haven't known Opeth for as long as you older fans, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.[...]

I think Opeth matured in their writing style and ability so their later releases were bound to be better structured and listenable. the first two albums for me seem to drag on and become a bit stale after a while.

For some having an extended relationship with a band is a retort against youth as an institution. The relationship between time and sound is irrelevant beyond dookyheadin'.

But I, feeling a wee nostalgic, listened to the first two albums yesterday and still enjoyed the vocals and music. Still enjoy the third album too. I've been listening to this band since '95-'96, I think. It's kinda sad I guess.