Opeth at Summer Breeze?

RB2610

Dec 6, 2008
According to the Summer Breeze website Opeth are playing at Summer Breeze this year, yet there is no mention of it on Opeth's website or Myspace, are they actually playing or not? :erk:

I'm facing a choice between Bloodstock and Summer Breeze (I live in England) so where Opeth is playing is a big deciding point. Unfortunately one of my friends who has been a metalhead for ages doesn't want to go to Germany and insists that we go to Bloodstock, but me and another friend think the lineup at Bloodstock is pretty crap compared to SB, with the exception of Satyricon BOA has nothing good that SB doesn't have. So of course it would suck if we went all the way to Germany and Opeth weren't even playing (although there would be a whole load of other great bands there)

I'm guessing as there are about 70 bands already announced and about 3-5 more each week there is going to be more than one stage? I'm assuming 3 is likely but I can't find out much on their forums, as my German isn't that great. I'm just hoping that they have multiple stages and plan them well so that there arent clashes with bands I want to see and we don't have too much time sitting around waiting for the metalcore and punk bands to finish playing.

Cool, thanks :D as long as I can watch Opeth, Epica, Amorphis, AMon Amarth and Vader I'll be happy :D

Hi I'm new in the forum but will be there too.

I think well meet in front of the stage. Lets all wear opeth Shirts so that we know each other :rolleyes:

My cards arrived today! very nice :) even got a DVD from SB 2006 in the package.

Cool, thanks :D as long as I can watch Opeth, Epica, Amorphis, AMon Amarth and Vader I'll be happy :D

The two biggest stages usually dont play at the same time so you can see them all ;)

I dont think that one of this bands will be put in the tent what would be a shame!

You even get a very huge poster of the campground (I think its alike 1m * 80cm big) when you put all your garbage in a trashbag and bring it to the trashyard at the camping area. The poster hangs in my room and looks as great as every year. Another reason to come to Germany!

edit: Dinkelsbühl (where SB takes place) has a very beautiful city with old buildings a tower and a church so this is worth a look too!