Opeth encounters.

Jul 12, 2004
New Zealand.
I'm a newbie so don't mind me if this thread has been done before...

Tell us your experiences with meeting these guys \m/

I am from new zealand (slightly out of Opeths touring range >.<) so I ended up saving up and flying to Sydney to see them! managed to catch them before the gig and got a photo with Mikael, and then again after the gig I got a photo with peter and got my Morningrise limited edition tin cd signed by them all! They were all amazingly nice (Martin L. seemed a bit shy though, he buggered off and sat in the car while everyone else hung around for photos and autographs) I have to say meeting my favourite band on my first solo overseas experience was the best day of my life :)

bleak_vibrations said:
I'm a newbie so don't mind me if this thread has been done before...

Tell us your experiences with meeting these guys \m/

I am from new zealand (slightly out of Opeths touring range >.<) so I ended up saving up and flying to Sydney to see them! managed to catch them before the gig and got a photo with Mikael, and then again after the gig I got a photo with peter and got my Morningrise limited edition tin cd signed by them all! They were all amazingly nice (Martin L. seemed a bit shy though, he buggered off and sat in the car while everyone else hung around for photos and autographs) I have to say meeting my favourite band on my first solo overseas experience was the best day of my life :)

Where abouts did you get to meet the guys?

bleak_vibrations said:
ah yes, I think it was the enmore theatre. I was hanging around with some guys from aussie I met there, and saw them like 4 hours before the gig and then again after.

You would not believe the incredible amount of jealousy that is running throughout my body at this present time. I knew that I should of hung around outside ''The Enmore Theatre'' for a couple of hours.

I've seen them three times, in three different states, and though I did hug Mikael in Missouri, I didn't actually meet the band until they came to Lawrence, KS. I talked with Mikael, Peter, and Martin M. after the show, and they were all very kind. I am from a town where they claim to have had one of their worst shows (Topeka, KS) and they found that amusing.

xsjado said:
Its cool that they deal with their fans so well. They don't get annoyed by person after person.
How could they ever get pissed off with us Opeth fans, we're all so fuckin' kind of....I don't know, some kind of Hell.

:Smokin: