Opeth european winter tour

Head_Banger

May 31, 2005
Austrheim ( near Bergen), Norway
so So, didn´t want to make a new topic, but seems I had to:p.

just wondering a bit about GB, as I am concidering doing a little tour with Opeth there. London, Bristol & Nottingham. Is it easy to travel between these 3 towns? And how is it with hotels and stuff (preferably cheap). Seemed like it was Easy for London (and travel to Bristol, train seemed like a good option), haven´t truly checked all on the Notthingham one, I´ll probably take a flight direct to London, and probably back from there as well. Will be a costy weekend, but should be worth it. And might as well go see them In Gøteborg in december :p. And hell, London seems big, I´ll probably get lost there...
K, thanks in advance!:loco:

London -Bristol should be easy enough. Nottingham is pretty far up north and the train ticket will be expensive I expect.

Finding your way to Shepherd's Bush in London should be fine, just find the train station and plot a route - I recommend getting an all zones travel card, it will save you money. (I'm going to the London show too, will be awesome)

As for accomodation Travel Inn/Lodge is usually pretty cheap, or you can try looking for BnB's around the places.

You are a truly dedicated Opeth fan, and I salute you thus :headbang:

300-400nok on the way up to London on wednesday (Bergen-gatwick - Norwegian), and 1500nok home on the sunday.
I really want to do the trip, although I fucking hate going alone. Grr. Can´t decide, guess the gigs might get sold out as well, as they just launched one of their strongest releases. Would be a shame hoping for a new tour next year, although they might do it... Norway only got one show this year, and that was a festival! But a great show, never the less.

I hope I can see them when they come to england. problem is I got no one to go with =\
I hate that none of my friends like Opeth.

I haven't picked up a ticket for the London show yet, but hopefully soon. I just moved to the city by myself recently and I wouldn't pass up a good show because I don't know anyone here. Although that is easy for me to say because I am not traveling from Norway or other parts of the UK for the gig. It is kinda lame to go on your own, but you get to meet people.

I haven't been able to negotiate the buses here yet, but the tube is pretty handy and manageable within the city. If I had a problem there were always nice people to help.

Good luck planning Head Banger, that is dedication!

===

It would be great if you could actually stalk- I mean follow Opeth between their shows.
Take the same plane, train (or do they stay in their tourbus?) and follow them from place to place.
Think about it, eating in the same gas-station-cafe-restaurant.
But then again you'd probably end up pissing them off haha.

===