Opeth Gig tonight @ Rockefeller, Norway

I was there! It was so fucking awesome! I shook hands with Mikael and Martin, and got a bottle of water from Peter. They played this set (I think):

Godhead's lament
The drapery falls
Deliverance
Windowpane
In my time of need
April Ethereal
Advent
Bleak
A fair judgement
---------------
Demon of the fall

I think that was it. Could be forgetting something.

I was there, and it was truely awesome! The performance was excellent and they played for nearly 2 hours (10 songs). But damn those guys controlling the mixers....Windowpane sounded very bad! Why can't they understand that you have to work with a band like Opeth. Fortunately it got better during In My Time of Need.

The setlist is correct, Maggai. The same setlist as the other scandinavian dates. I guess Stavanger can expect the same set.

Before they played the extra song "Demon..." Mikael yapped about something about King Diamond, and asked the audience to do a scream. I may have misheard this, so correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway the response from the audience was very moderate..hehe

And what was the name of that keyboard player, again...??

I was there too, and the concert was great and all, but it's so predictable. I wish opeth would take som chances live. It'd be nice to attend an opeth concert without knowing (beforehand) exactly what you're getting.

I was there, and I loved it. But there were three MAJOR problems:

1) The setlist was incredibly predictable. I knew in advance which song they would be playing by seeing them switch guitars, or say something connected to it. That I have actually heard Opeth play "April Ethereal" live was a great bonus, though.

2) While the first half of the set was very energetic and heavy, the second half was way too slow. At the end of "A Fair Judgment" I almost wanted to sit down and relax. Which ruined "Demon of the Fall", because I (and a lot of other audience members) couldn't get back into the spirit of the first half.

3) The sound mix, and especially Mikael's vocals, were fuckety.

I was the first in the crowd to shake hands with Mikael though :)

Okay, there is a fourth point;

there should be place for at least one 'Orchid' song and at least one additional 'Still Life' track. But's that because I like these albums much more than their latest three releases of course :(

I saw them at Vega in Copenhagen and the mix was really dissapointing, expecially after the great sound Extol had, they were so tight and just amazing... so Opeth were kind of "not up to the standard" or something. I enjoyd the Deliverance and Damnation songs the most... they were so tight... But it´s cool they played the old stuff too...

Mr. Niel said:
Has Mr. Per only been playing on the Damnation songs on this tour, or does he add anything to the old songs?

Some guy who reviewed one of the finnish gigs said that Wiberg participated only on 4 songs,which I would guess to be Windowpane,In My Time Of Need,Face Of Melinda and maybe A Fair Judgement? Face Of Melinda wasn't on this gig's setlist anyway.