Opeth had a spinal tap moment tonight in Miami

Anyone else want to flame this man on the blabbermouth site? I'll post for all to read...

COMMENT |
posted by : kurdy80
5/31/2008 5:53:32 PM

The curtain should have fell on all of them, horrible band.

Opeth are the most singularly overrated band in metal history. Their meandering tri-tone infused songs are so stuck to a dull formula it is beyond belief. Nice but badly played acoustic guitar followed by pre-requisite growling have reduced them to the ultimate cliche of prog-death. I mean honestly how can anyone listen to a vocalist who sings in an adequate clean voice then subject themselves to the monstrosity that follows.
There is no technical leads. Rather benign pentatonic harmonies that simply do not cut it.
Drumming is OK. Bass playing is rudimentary. The guitar on which this whole sad excuse for progressiveness is based is unfocused. Soft section, metal section ...

then he follows up with this gem....

COMMENT | Suckage
5/31/2008 5:54:12 PM

That was god's way of showing they suck big time.

Obviously the man has clearly hit his head too many times... flame him up anyone?

classic. mikael handled it so well.

Agreed. I giggled even more.

As for this "kurdy80" comment, all I can do is roll my eyeballs. If Opeth was so generic, why is it that nobody sounds like them? But that's beside the point. Rants like that aren't worth anybody's time, really. So I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Plus, it's blabbermouth. Need I say more?:lol:

People just have different tastes in music, and different opinions, some however don't bash people about what they like. It's just the facts of life.

He brought this up at the show in Orlando last night. He said if he'd been standing back 5 feet he would be dead and it was a spinal tap moment.

Anyone else want to flame this man on the blabbermouth site? I'll post for all to read...

COMMENT |
5/31/2008 5:53:32 PM

The curtain should have fell on all of them, horrible band.

Opeth are the most singularly overrated band in metal history. Their meandering tri-tone infused songs are so stuck to a dull formula it is beyond belief. Nice but badly played acoustic guitar followed by pre-requisite growling have reduced them to the ultimate cliche of prog-death. I mean honestly how can anyone listen to a vocalist who sings in an adequate clean voice then subject themselves to the monstrosity that follows.
There is no technical leads. Rather benign pentatonic harmonies that simply do not cut it.
Drumming is OK. Bass playing is rudimentary. The guitar on which this whole sad excuse for progressiveness is based is unfocused. Soft section, metal section ...

then he follows up with this gem....

COMMENT | Suckage
5/31/2008 5:54:12 PM

That was god's way of showing they suck big time.

Obviously the man has clearly hit his head too many times... flame him up anyone?

haha what a close-minded ass-hole Opeth's leads have much more passion and soul in them than any technical leads around.The quiet heavy dynamic is a common trait of Opeth songs but if you suss it out the transitions are very smooth and they experiment with different structures and devices 2bh he can go screw himself.I am aware that people have different taste ect but this guys criticism's really have no real backing imo.

I really fucking hate blabbermouth its full of elitist pricks who just flame a band and try and pass it off as fact.

Funny vid btw made me crack up :D

He brought this up at the show in Orlando last night. He said if he'd been standing back 5 feet he would be dead and it was a spinal tap moment.

haha yeah I was there too. Awesome show. Thanks to that short lived moshpit at the end of Between the Buried and Me (who were fucking awesome by the way) I got slung up the the very front for Opeth.

Dude, what if Mikael actually died? Or if the thing fell the rest of the way when he leaned under to talk to Axe? This is funny, but holy shit dude. If Mikael fucking Åkerfeldt died because a drapery fell on him.

and then surely...the serenity would paint death.......and a madrigal would be sung as a prologue.......a dirge for may if u will............PEAC EOUT