Opeth-Influenced Death Metal from Bangladesh - Introducing Optic Perception

Fox Mulder

The Truth Is Out There
Jan 22, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
This song was tracked quite in a rush. It's a 12-min long epic. I'd be more than happy to have your feedback on this mix as I consider this unfinished. I've intentionally given the song a 'vintage sonic landscape'.

Please go through the whole song if you have the time. It's got a clean section in between which sounds pretty messy to me, especially the vocals.

I need to hand this song over within 2-3 days. You guys are my only hope - Golden Ears at their best :headbang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1508106/Nocturnal Dawn.mp3

Edit: I'll drop by later on to give out the production details.

Nice song, I liked the clean vocals too. I can't listen to it at full volume now, but the mix sounds pretty good to me. I'll comment again later when I can blast it, haha.

sounds good i noticed when the first quiet section ends some fretting noise is in the right channel while the new riff is going and in the second quiet section their is a bad ground noise on the right channel

Good music. Mix is a bit too clean. Guitars need to be more upfront and wider to create that stormwind-blows-into-your-face feeling, which you get when listening to Opeth or Post-Rock stuff.

Nice song, I liked the clean vocals too. I can't listen to it at full volume now, but the mix sounds pretty good to me. I'll comment again later when I can blast it, haha.
Cool, no rush. Take your time.

sounds good i noticed when the first quiet section ends some fretting noise is in the right channel while the new riff is going and in the second quiet section their is a bad ground noise on the right channel

Yup that's when the distorted bass goes off and only the DI stays on. Thanks for pointing it out. Regarding the ground noise on the cleans, it's some ESP Les Paul clone (can't remember which one) with EMG-HZs that weren't grounded properly. Due to time constraints we decided to let it pass for heck of it. 'Ground Noise is Kewl' :lol::lol::lol:

Good music. Mix is a bit too clean. Guitars need to be more upfront and wider to create that stormwind-blows-into-your-face feeling, which you get when listening to Opeth or Post-Rock stuff.

This. I'll get to it ASAP! :headbang: