Opeth instructional guitar videos on the web?

skyshock1

Scorched earth triumphant
May 14, 2001
Southeastern US.
www.myspace.com
This has probably been mentioned before, but did anyone catch those videos that Opeth did where they walked you through the guitar parts of a few songs on Blackwater Park?

Whew, all that in one sentence. I rule.

Does anyone still have a link to those?

OLD MAN's ROCK!!!!!

Those are great videos...I laugh my ass off everytime the first riff is played.

"Its the drama, if you will"

"What chord is that"

"I dont know...I use it all the time."

What's cracks me up is when Mikael plays his solo:

Mikael: That's the new solo.
Peter: Liffe edeet.

Haha accents are funny. :lol:

Yeah I've had these vids downloaded for a while... pretty cool.. its the reason why I now know how to play the song, apart from the solo which I cant be bothered learning haha.. damn him and his 'live edits' I don't know where to learn the studio one or the live one, or both haha.

I hate the interviewer in the vids... "Ok, so you guys just jam for a couple of minutes..."

Peter: "...jam?"

:(:(:( Dickhead.

I watch these videos once every few weeks just because they're so funny (or when I can't remember how a part of drapery falls goes :D ). I like how humble and modest the band is. Like the comment Mike made "we play solos, but we're no Jeff Loomis you konw?"

I was just shocked by that, but apparently Loomis is a monster in his own right, and he's not playing at his peak with nevermore from what I've been told. Still I thought he would say "we're no satriani" or something like that when it came to their solos.