Opeth Melbourne - Last Nite

Clarky

Youth Attack!
May 19, 2002
Melbourne
Wow, is all i can say, this was a fucking awesome gig, ive seen many gigs in my time and seen a few international bands, but i can safely say that this was quite possibly one of the best gigs i ever been to.

The played for fucking ages, it was fantastic, the corner was packed and rocking hard. They played same same set as they did for Bris, and boy was it sweeeeeet.

It was great to see everyone there, and the good news is that they want to come back for a seperate damnation tour! woohoo.

anyway, that is all :D what a fucking great gig!

Yes it was AMAZING... similar setlist to Brisbane only no Forest of October which is a shame (hopefully i'll be able to witness that in Sydney tomorrow :Spin:). But none the less the show was PERFECT!! A brilliant encore of Demon of the Fall before which Mikael announced they had spoken backstage and decided that the show was one of their top five ever (please don't tell me they say that every show...). Managed to get a few good photos too.
Anyone know whether that guy who was filming will be selling the bootleg at Peril or anything??

Yes I Loved it too.. I was in a great spot.. in front of the barrier on the left hand side.. didn't get squashed or anything.. and the guard didn't mind me standing there.. and Clarky - good to see you again, sorry I didn't talk much, my voice wasn't that good, see you in CD!!

Yes. An awsome gig. I witnessed the the Brisbane leg last thursday night, and it was so fucking good. Like Clarky said, I've seen a shit load of bands in my time, Opeth will be going daown as one of the greatest bands I have ever witnessed live. Alchemist and Astriaal put on equally impressive sets. Not to familiar with either bands material, but a great night was had by all. The Arena was packed for a Thursday night which was good to see. I was glad the sound for the night was flawless, unlike The Haunted show. I just can't get over how good Opeth were. I'm still fucking buzzing.

It was good to catch up with Clarky (who I bumped into rather accidentally) and meet Winmar and others for the first time... A very good night.

Of course Opeth redefined The Corner Hotel from a venue to a site worthy of worship.

That was one night I will never forget, definitely the best gig I have ever been to.
From Credence to Deliverance they were just fucking brilliant. I can't believe they kept thanking us, I think it should have been the other way around!
It was awesome to hear stuff from every album. I can not wait for the Damnation tour.
Alchemist were great to see again too, couldn't have been a better band supporting Opeth.

Nice to meet everyone too, see you all at the next gig!

Magisterial said:
Yes it was AMAZING... similar setlist to Brisbane only no Forest of October which is a shame (hopefully i'll be able to witness that in Sydney tomorrow :Spin:). But none the less the show was PERFECT!! A brilliant encore of Demon of the Fall before which Mikael announced they had spoken backstage and decided that the show was one of their top five ever (please don't tell me they say that every show...). Managed to get a few good photos too.
Anyone know whether that guy who was filming will be selling the bootleg at Peril or anything??

No Forest of October??? you poor unfortunatle people [not really - you just saw opeth, haha]. That was the highlight of the Brisbane show IMO. Killer song. I wonder what they played in it's place...

Blacktalon Media said:
No Forest of October??? you poor unfortunatle people [not really - you just saw opeth, haha]. That was the highlight of the Brisbane show IMO. Killer song. I wonder what they played in it's place...

Here in Melbourne it was Black Rose Immortal.

Nah... I wish.

Chow Mai Dong said:
Ahhh shit... can't remember now, can anyone? You really can't go wrong with Lunasphere or Spiritech, or pick up the Eve Of The War EP if they're not selling it for too much.
its ok i've decided to go with Opeth's Deliverance album :) thanks for the help

(I put Damnation by mistake)