Opeth off-date @ The Troc. In Philly

Excuse this reply to my first post but for those whom may not know-Opeth is definately Headlining And Arch Enemy from what I have gathered is going to be direct support for this date!!!(No lamb of god or other bands mentioned other then the two-just has Opeth on the ticket-Hope this post is of any help)

:OMG: Not sure how long Arch Enemy is playing for or If there are going to be any other openers...? My guess would be maybe a local band?

I hope Opeth will put on a nice,long, full-set and if we are lucky with some rare gems they uncommonly play or at the least some tracks I personally have not witnessed live before!? (the amen corner,wreath,under the weeping moon,the leper affinity ex.)

See everyone at the show
:headbang:
Sean

Seems they will also be doing a show on 10/4 at Jaxx as well, Arch Enemy are confirmed but you'll note it states National Act TBA and seems logical that since AE are opening for Opeth in Philly at the Troc that they will be playing Jaxx the next night afterward (you'll note on the Gigantour schedule that Opeth and AE are not scheduled to be playing on the 3rd and 4th... Also, no mention of Lamb of God (thankfully..) for any of these one offs so far ...

NP: My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete

I have noticed from the official site for Opeth that this (Being the philly off-date) is the only off-date opeth is head-lineing and with support from arch enemy...I do not mean to rub it in to anyone who is not lucking out with atleast "a" date period near them let alone a full fledged headline date with awesome support by A.e.
~Sean
see everyone at the show!!! :headbang:

Just thought it might be neat to have alittle meet-up before the show?!
It would especially be cool for any of those whom are coming out of state or alone well all feed back would be great-let me know what you all think-comments...

p.s. grim ...well third time seeing them headline,once @ sounds of the underground,and I am seeing them 2 days prior to this date on oct. 1st @ the house of blues,Nj on the gigan tour so 5 total for me.
:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: ~Sean

For those in the surrounding area(s) who are/might be going to the oct.1st atlantic city,nj gigan tour show:Sun Oct 1 Atlantic City, NJ House Of Blues 1/5** 5:00 Indoor(3 bands will not be playing this date-into eternity,sanctity,and the smashup) so this is hoping Opeth will get more playing time?!...maybe atleast one extra song :fingers crossed::headbang:
~Sean

I might go, I'd have to drive 3 hours each way, and I have class the next day. I'd probably have to skip afternoon class on Tuesday also to avoid traffic.

Well,Only five more days untill the onslaught that which is Opeth(I am looking forward to seeing arch enemy again as well-Was @ the last show @ the troc.-kickass)
Who is all gonna be there?
Also...What is everyone's "hopefull" setlist?-I mean considering it "Is" a head-line date I do not mean to assume and make an ass out of myself but I would think they are going to play more songs then the 4 to 5 songs on gigantour....Comments???

~Sean

I really want to go to that show! But i am in NYC! Called theater box office and they told me they only sell tickets through Ticketmaster! And those assholes sell them for $32 with all charges applied! I can come after work but i do not know what to do! They might be sold out by Tuesday! Can anyone help me please?

P.S. I am going to GIGANTOUR NYC date in about 30 minutes so i will be bacjk after 12 am...

Well,Got back from gigan tour-
It was pretty good overall-I throughly enjoyed myself besides some of the dumbass jerks you will find always-Another is the sound guy(s) sucked total ass!...Bass was too high,vocals not high enough etc. I could of really killed them! haha-First time ever @ house of blues,Nj-I thought it could of had better acoustics Not to forget to mention the fucking prices...omg-nuts-The trocadero to me is alot better(sounding wise atleast)
See you all there on tuesday!!!
p.s.-Hey mistress I remember talking to you last yr on here about the pt show and the opeth halloween show.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another opener besides arch enemy??? I will be fine with just that for damn sure!,Just curious.

~Sean:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Would anybody like to meet up or hang out with me or anything? I'm going alone, as unfortunately I have one friend who likes Opeth and he spent all his concert money on Iron Maiden..he is not such a big fan. I am there for the music, but cool people makes it even better! If anybody cares..I'm a long haired youth with glasses and I'll have a Carcass-Heartwork shirt. It's a long shot, but I'm sure people there will be cool nonetheless. Will be awesome!!!

Voodoo Child said:
Would anybody like to meet up or hang out with me or anything? I'm going alone, as unfortunately I have one friend who likes Opeth and he spent all his concert money on Iron Maiden..he is not such a big fan. I am there for the music, but cool people makes it even better! If anybody cares..I'm a long haired youth with glasses and I'll have a Carcass-Heartwork shirt. It's a long shot, but I'm sure people there will be cool nonetheless. Will be awesome!!!

Hey man I will be there tommorow night....I will hang with you if you want....I will going with my girlfriend whom hates Opeth...Well not a huge fan...What does she know!!!....Right...haha
Well PM me your # or something pertaining to seeing eachother at the show etc.
I am 24 though so I might go upstairs and have a few drinks though...We can work something out though so you are not alone...I know what that can be like.
Cheers :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
~Sean

I'll be there with my girl Meg and her friend Olga. We may be getting Thai food before the show (I forget the name of the place, it's right down the block) around 6pm ... I'll be wearing a black Decibel magazine t-shirt (with silver print/logo) with a long-sleeve underneath.

I will go home very happy if I hear: Bleak, Godhead's Lament (which they have been playing, so hopefully!), and Wreath.