OPETH Offered Support Slot On TOOL Tour

They were offered an opening slot but didn't get it ?
Does that mean Opeth couldn't work it into their schedule or is there a handful of bands that get the offer & someone else accepted first ?
Either way, I'd rather see Opeth headline then play a few songs in front of Tool.

Compared-wise, i'd say Tool has 1 ½ outstanding album, meanwhile Opeth has 9.
That's counting Lateralus and first half of 10 k days. :p

Once we start debating how good each band is, it's all opinions so...Developing-into-a-shit-thread, lock please.

On a different note, the video interview they posted has some hilarious moments from Mikael, as always:
The comment about the David Bowie 'back patch' that his parents bought him.. lol

an also the grammatical error "When I was an teenage metalhead"

Tool would headline period. I'd love to see this show but also wouldn't. I can't stand paying 100+ dollars for a show, I don't know if I will see the next Tool show that comes through town. And like someone said Tool is tight as fuck live, but quite frankly I can pop in the cd at home. I'd rather hear a liuttle more rawnest perhaps a little more jamming little improvisation. But to each his own right? But all in all 100+ dollars, for a concert? I'd rather go see porcupine tree 3 times for that cost.

Personal tastes and opinions are a thing of the past.

So YEAH FUCK OFF BACK TO BLABBERMOUTH, FAGGOT!

Tool would headline period. I'd love to see this show but also wouldn't. I can't stand paying 100+ dollars for a show, I don't know if I will see the next Tool show that comes through town. And like someone said Tool is tight as fuck live, but quite frankly I can pop in the cd at home. I'd rather hear a liuttle more rawnest perhaps a little more jamming little improvisation. But to each his own right? But all in all 100+ dollars, for a concert? I'd rather go see porcupine tree 3 times for that cost.
Except that you couldn't. Porcupine Tree tickets were an insane price on their last tour. Not far off Tool prices, at least in this country.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123368

"Other news, we'd been offered a support tour in the U.S. by TOOL but we didn't get it this time, Hopefully in the future it might work out."

Interesting!

I think most of the Tool fans wouldn't know about growled vocals, I wonder how that would of went down.

Wrong. Meshuggah opened for TOOL on the last leg of the Lateralus Tour in 2002, and I think their music is much more extreme then Opeth's as far as commercial acceptance. If they could open for TOOL, it would only be beneficial to Opeth to expose them to a wider fan base, and make our favorite band more moolah. It is their job to make as much money as possible so Mike can support his wife and kids, and to buy that huge list of 1970's vinyl records that he posted a few months back.

Mix

I can't wait for the show in Cinci on August the 7th!