Opeth "Orchid" inducted into Decibel Magazine's Hall of Fame

Mike claims to have written most of the bass lines from the early albums.

Johan said:
-How much input did you have exactly for this album? Rumor has it Mikael wrote all basslines. Is that true?
To start with, Mikael didn’t write any basslines at all! He wrote most of the riffs( not all) and then Anders and I created the rhythm with the bass and drums, often altering the riffs.

when i drew up the interview with farfalla i went to look through mikael's post and google for anything about this and couldn't find anything. it's most of all fans claiming this. while i can't claim he never said anything like this, i yet have to see a source for those claims.

he did comment after the interview:

Mikael said:
I grant Johan that he was definately a great bass player, but he never wrote music for Opeth, never "altered" riffs as far as I remember. And he clearly forgets that I indeed did write some bass lines and co-wrote some with him. However, the rumour that I wrote all the bass lines is not true. I definately can't remember having said anything like that. Most of the time I simply showed him the riff and we took it from there. Credit's given where credit's due, as they say....

So can we please lay this issue to rest? And stop parroting unsourced rumours?

I would like to know the same thing about how records by Green Day,Offspring,Marilyn Manson,Blink 182,Trivium,Slipknot,The Darkness,The Smashing Pumpkins,Deftones,Pearl Jam,Weezer(???),Janes Addiction,Alice In Chains,My Chemical Romance and Korn could get in Kerrangs list of the 100 greatest rock albums of all time but not a single Opeth album.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thats why

I added orchid to the wiki btw, the hall of fame i mean