Opeth playing just before SJR and Danzig at Blackest Of Black tour

SpeakUSAorDie

Milano Mosher
Sep 5, 2001
MegadetH ArizonA
Well this post was originally a question, but I got it answered and thought I'd post it to those interested.

Band Order
(Phoenix Show)

BEHEMOTH: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
LACUNA COIL: 5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
NILE: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
OPETH: 6:45 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
SUPERJOINT RITUAL: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
DANZIG: 8:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

they have a pretty good spot, but only 30 min? Damn :(

>thanks goes to sean(via e-mail) for providing info

I chose to pass up the LA show and instead catch them the next day in San Diego. Wasn't that all interested in all the bands that were playing, I don't care for the Universal Ampitheatre, and plus the ticket prices were around twice as much as one of their other gigs. And now I am really glad I am missing this, only 30 minutes? 3 songs maybe? That is just a waste of a great band overshadowed by lesser ones.

Wow, now I'm officially glad I'm not going to bother. Used to like Danzig years ago, but they're not worth waiting 6 hours for. The main reason to go for me and my friends would be to see Opeth. Saw them at the Mason Jar (never going back to that place again...) and they were fantastic.

SpeakUSAorDie said:
not even for the Damnation tour?

Highly doubtful. I went with a couple of guys who had been to the Mason Jar before and they said that that would likely be their last time as well. We were stuck in the back (and we didn't arrive late, let me assure you), could see next to nothing, were inhaling everyone's fumes and having to put up with some drunk skanks behind us who were there for reasons that no bystanders could figure out.

A band like Opeth deserves a far better venue. It'll be a shame if they can't get one next time. They're not set for the Mason Jar on the Damnation tour, are they?

I've dealt with many a dive to see cool bands, but this was among the least pleasant.

Travelling to a different town that could guarantee a better experience would not be out of the question, however. :)