Opeth setlist sweeden

Jamo

Apr 14, 2006
7th - Gothenburg Metal Town - SWEDEN

has anyone got the setlist for this date

I was kinda disappointed with this set, but it's basically what i expected. except for amen corner and leper affinity which i hadn't seen live before.
I thought they'd have time to one more song but guess not. Grand conjuration is not a very good opener, like the song, but not as an opener noo.

Axe played good, but some parts in Closure was kinda iffy.

I was kinda disappointet (maybe cos im a fanboi >.<) but the sound wasnt that high. I was up front. And some jerks we're "moshing." But they were only like 5 so it was just annoying, and I got drawn into it cos I wanted to be in the center :( But otherwise it was cool seeing them.

And can someone tell what Mike said? I didnt understand much of it ^^

Anza said:
I was kinda disappointet (maybe cos im a fanboi >.<) but the sound wasnt that high. I was up front. And some jerks we're "moshing." But they were only like 5 so it was just annoying, and I got drawn into it cos I wanted to be in the center :( But otherwise it was cool seeing them.

And can someone tell what Mike said? I didnt understand much of it ^^
thank fuck i'm not the only one!!!
apparently there was something about a former practise place just across the water.
and i understood 'hej' and the usual line, 'we are opeth from stockholm, sweden'..other than that i was lost.

Yeah I understood the hej and we are from Stockholm thing too. I think he said something about a party on that sea across the water.

Anza said:
Yeah I understood the hej and we are from Stockholm thing too. I think he said something about a party on that sea across the water.

He pointed to the huge boat, said it was his, and that there
would be a party there after the gig. Not very likely. :p

I agree they should have dropped The Grand Conjuration, one of the weakest
tracks on the newest album, and do they have to play Deliverance every time?
How about Harlequin Forest and A Fair Judgement instead, to pick other tracks
from the respective albums?

It would also be a good idea for them to shorten down their live version
of Closure a bit, especially for a one hour show. Or play Death Wispered
a Lullaby instead, for a change.

However, finally getting to hear them play The Leper Affinity live, and flawlessly
at that, made the whole trip down to Gothenburg worth it for me. :headbang:

I liked the Closure. Very good. But I can't seem to remember much of the show.. It felt like 10 minuttes max. And I was complety sober. Kinda strange :S

On a side note Tool was just fucking great. And the coment about the blackshirts were the first thing he said :D After singing Stinkfist of course. ^^

deimne said:
'reverie/harlequin forest' is the length of 2 normal opeth songs,so we'd get to hear one track less!!!

its only like...2 minutes longer than grand conjuration.

and considering a fair judgement is 3 minutes shorter than deliverance, it would have been roughly the same.

I liked the extended Closure. It was really cool with the double bass drum in the end :D

Otherwise. I would have wanted the show to be longer :(

I met Mendez on the subway yesterday. I told him they where awesome at close-up festival and then he asked me if I where at metaltown, I werent there but I said I wanted to go because I want to see Tool life. Mendez asked me which bands I liked at close-up and said Tool where awesome at metaltown. He told me they are having a short break in the tour.

I have to say I'm quite dissapointed in the gig, martin axenrot didn't play well at all and the whole band(except for peter) didn't seem very in to the show. This was my first time seeing them without Lopez and he sure was missed.