Opeth show in Los Angeles

atrocity said:
I hope headlining show comes during any holiday.. I dont wanna miss shows cause of school :(

Anyone live in San Francisco area btw? I live in San Diego but planning to move to SF.
i live in marin but i'll be at the sotu show in mountain view....sounds like the headlining tour's gonna come during the school year though, so i'll most likely be seeing that in portland.

My friend (who happens to speak out of his ass a lot) said that Opeth were skipping the LA date for whatever reason. I find this a little hard to believe seeing as how they advertize the date on their site and nobody in here is saying anything about it. Tell me, is he full of shit yet again? I want to see them in LA this time around, even if it is for only 45 minutes.

I think it's just rumors.. on opeth.com it says that opeth will be at LA. me and a friend of mine we had a road trip plan for Opeth headlining tour. it'll only happen if they come around summer though.

see we live in san diego.
first we'd see tehm in SD.
we'd drive 2 hours to LA to see them in LA.
then 8 hours more to see tem in SF.
then go north to catch them in Seattle.
then drive 15 hurs back and see tem in Las Vegas.
then probably drive east to Texas and catch them in texas.

well it's our fantasy and i'll make that happen if they hit a headlining tour on summer :D

damn, i never got the whole "follow a band around on tour" thing. going to see a band 3-4 times in a week, in different semi-nearyby cities doesn't seem appealing to me. and quite the expensive decision too. seeing a fav band once on a tour seems good enough to me..not only that, but MOST (not all) bands play nearly the same set on a given tour.

Well the reason i want to do it, is because my friend is going to come from Turkey. ( who is a good friend of mine and he's very into Opeth )
We thought we'd make a road trip and visit different cities of the US and have a good chance to see the band couple of times.

Well this was our plan for this summer, but Opeth isn't headlining + my friend isn't gonna be able to make it here this summer.

So i keep me hopes for next summer, with opeth headlining :]

atrocity said:
I think it's just rumors.. on opeth.com it says that opeth will be at LA. me and a friend of mine we had a road trip plan for Opeth headlining tour. it'll only happen if they come around summer though.

see we live in san diego.
first we'd see tehm in SD.
we'd drive 2 hours to LA to see them in LA.
then 8 hours more to see tem in SF.
then go north to catch them in Seattle.
then drive 15 hurs back and see tem in Las Vegas.
then probably drive east to Texas and catch them in texas.

well it's our fantasy and i'll make that happen if they hit a headlining tour on summer :D

That actually sounds super cool.. it would be a really nice drive, you would see lots of beautiful scenery, have lots of time to visit with your friend and listen to some great music... Actually the only possible negative may actually be hearing the same set list on every show... but if you are going to that many show in a row you may actually get the Ålmighty to switch it up a bit for you...:devil:

Mr Samsara said:
but if you are going to that many show in a row you may actually get the Ålmighty to switch it up a bit for you...:devil:

ghahahah that's actually our "fantasy". like seeing them 6 times in a row, and on last gig begging mikael to play a different song.. at least during the sound check :tickled:

i'v seen opeth 2 times live before, and was able to catch their sound check, it's pretty funny. for example Martins' smoke on stage while doing the soundcheck and playing there insturments :p

atrocity said:
ghahahah that's actually our "fantasy". like seeing them 6 times in a row, and on last gig begging mikael to play a different song.. at least during the sound check :tickled:

i'v seen opeth 2 times live before, and was able to catch their sound check, it's pretty funny. for example Martins' smoke on stage while doing the soundcheck and playing there insturments :p

:Smokin: <--- Bassplayer

Out.:devil: