Opeth stuff on eBay :: My Autographed Deliverance CD

RjBeals

M is for MAUD
Thought I would give the board a heads up. Selling a few of my Opeth collectors stuff.

My Ebay Stuff

texture_O.jpg

I must have the Deliverance cd. I have been holding out on buying it because I wanted it to be mint and signed, like my Damnation one. And they have to go as a pair of course. After that all I will need is the BWP special edition and I'm set.

I really do happen to find it quite difficult to understand why you would want to sell a copy of Deliverance that you have personally been able to get autographed by the entire band. Wouldn't this particular item behold memories that you would not want to let go of?

im having trouble figuring out the purpose of those metal tin CDs.

A. id rather have the artwork, lyrics and jewel case presentation than some silly metal box.

B. The sticker is just...a sticker. Put something interesting in there instead?

jaykeegan said:
I really do happen to find it quite difficult to understand why you would want to sell a copy of Deliverance that you have personally been able to get autographed by the entire band, wouldn't this particular item behold memories that you would not want to let go of?
agreed. music is to listen to, not to sell. and i never buy signed stuff anyway, its cheating.

I've got plenty of signed stuff. This cd i didn't get signed in person, it was sent to me as a gift. I have a huge opeth collection. The tin is cool, but I have no need for it.

My most valuable signed item is the concert poster for the Shepards Bush Empire signed to me personally by Mike. I would never sell that, plus nobody would buy it since it has "To Robert...." on it. (I guess unless your name is also robert)

ive got signed posters by deicide, decapitated, annihilator and cds by opeth, anthrax, children of bodom, strapping young lad, annihilator, riff master general, kreator, spiritual beggars, ummm.. the haunted, nightwish, humanity and nevemore. think thats it. and i wouldnt sell any of them. i got all the cds signed myself, and the annihilator poster as well. decaptitated and deicide posters i won at a nightclub lol.

I don't particularly believe that buying an autographed cd is "cheating" because not everyone will have the opportunity to go to a show/meet the band and so it would be meaningful to have something that a band they like actually held in their hands. It makes sense in a totally tree-hugging hippy sort of way. What I don't get though is, you're not making much money on this deal, I mean your highest bid is not even $20 and chances are you bought the disk for at least $10 (if you ordered it) not to mention the money to go to a show and all, it just seems sort of pointless.

The Deliverance cd was a gift to me. I paid nothing for it. The stuff I got signed in person I will not sell. That has personal value to me. I probably should've waited until the release of the next album before I listed it on ebay, I would've had more fans browsing ebay then. O well.