Opeth to play in Sweden May 18th

Det går bussar från ganska många städer, bland annat Stockholm.

Bengtsfors is in the west of Sweden, opposite Stockholm.

Originally posted by Brutalizer

Går det bussar fram och tillbaka? Eller måste man campa??
Hur lång tid tar det att åka dit?

Jag vet faktiskt inte. Det tar väl 3-4 timmar eller nåt att åka dit.

What is it with people who live in Europe who can't go anywhere except the town they live in to see a band play?
I've seen OPETH play 3 times and 2 of those times I traveled across the country and spent hundreds of dollars to do it... and look at redblueyes...she's gone on tour with those guys...both in the States and in Europe...money or distance shouldn't be an obstacle to see one of the best live shows around.
I figure with Europe's transportation system wouldn't it be relatively easy to get to the other side of Sweden to see your favorite band play?

Originally posted by Triste
What is it with people who live in Europe who can't go anywhere except the town they live in to see a band play?
I've seen OPETH play 3 times and 2 of those times I traveled across the country and spent hundreds of dollars to do it... and look at redblueyes...she's gone on tour with those guys...both in the States and in Europe...money or distance shouldn't be an obstacle to see one of the best live shows around.
I figure with Europe's transportation system wouldn't it be relatively easy to get to the other side of Sweden to see your favorite band play?
Absolutely, I agree! I flew to Milwaukee, I'll be flying to Atlanta. That's like the equivalent of going from Sweden to Switzerland! I can understand if you're in secondary school and have no money, but the rest of you have no excuse! ESPECIALLY since transportation is so much more convenient and cheaper in Europe than here. OK, I'm done ranting now. :p

But for those that are going, I'm thrilled for you that Opeth is finally playing home!

It's an expensive addiciton. I'm the first to admit it. But.. it's well worth it as music is.....everything to me. And Opeth is my utopia and gigs are the best!! :p

But I'm sorta baffled too, when I hear people missing a show for reasons like (for example) it was 3 hours away (or less sometimes!) or... they missed a show because they couldn't find anyone to go with them. I guess I been there done that and now I don't relate. Once, when I was a teenager, I missed a gig for no one to go with me, but.. fuckit I vowed that day .. "never again"!! As that gig will never come back, and I don't even remember the friend(s) that didn't go with me. Fuckas!!:mad: Live and learn I guess. Now I just make my own fun (literally, haha) because no one can relate to me anyways. :lol: :lol:

3 hours is CLOSE if you ask me. But then again I'm an Opeth junke :D

..............................:hotjump:
Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!:puke::saint:
Ahhh yes yes yes....Damn i am so happy...now i just have to find a way to get there...

Travelling to see a concert:

If money is an obstacle - then there is nothing you can do about it. Cerain things in life aren't worth getting into financial trouble over - and concert going is one of them.

But, if it means just being broke for a bit, and needing to scratch to make it up, then I say you should go for it, at least in this instance. We all know how most of us feel about Opeth musically. We consider them something special - something different than the thousands of bands out there today. And bands are only around for a short part of your lives. If there is an opportunity to see them, it may be your only opportunity. It's one thing to have to spend $1,000 to travel half way around the world (great if you can do it), but to travel for a day, see a concert, then come back the next day should most definately be done if you can find the time.

The Tea Party is playing in Montreal next month. I love this band, and want to see them. It's only a 6-7 hour drive there, but for other reasons I can't go. Personally, I don't believe I should make my daughter miss 2 days of school for a concert. Granted, I can take time off of work, and go myself. But to leave my family behind, at least to me, is kind of selfish. So flame me if you think my reasoning is lame, but there are circumstances that you believe in.

So for those who have an opportunity to see Opeth live, and who see them as "special" as I do, think it out, and don't blow an opportunity for stupidity - only don't go for reasons you consider valid, like affordability or personal issues you care not to discuss. I hate hindsight - you don't want to sit there a couple of days after the concert, and then realize how stupid you were for not going.

A side note regarding money: add up all the other things you spend money on. Ten CD's may set you back $150. Eating out may run you $20 bucks a pop. Give up a few things for a couple of months that aren't a necessity, and use that money for something like this. It takes discipline (something I don't have:D ), but the trade-off will be worth it in the long run.

Originally posted by At The Gates
www.mfdecibel.com

Finally they updated their site with the news!!! :eek:)
I emailed them asking about Opeth a week ago
or something and they confirmed it and said they'd
update the site as soon as possible! :eek:))

I'm definitely going. I'll have to drag my
notsofondofmetal best friend with me, so I won't
be all lonely and get lost >:eek:P

I can't believe it's this cheap. There is a bus going
from Oslo to the festival for only 370 Norwegian
kroner, which includes the festivalticket as well,
that's the usual prize for a concert ticket in this
country!! :eek:)) This is going to rock! I'll get to see
Evergrey as well! The 18th of May is the day I die
from everexcitement after having seen two of my
fav bands! >:eek:)))

Originally posted by Brutalizer
Blackspirit @ hehe... You live nearer Bengsfors than me! :p
I gotta collect money and friends, because i wanna go too...

Which is the other band? Evergrey? :)

We better start saving money, all of us >:eek:)

Yupp, Evergrey! :eek:) This will rock my socks off! >:eek:P