Opeth - Watershed "REview "

So you explain the band's history...

...then you say that the album is great.

Not much of a review. You could have said -why- you thought it was good, or named off some tracks and your thoughts on them, or given any type of constructive thought on the album.

nice review but it didn't analyze the album much,its concentrating more on the effect of the line up change on the album and how it came out great despite all that,but yet offered no deep analysis to the album.
but still it says that watershed is great,which i agree with them about:headbang:

Dear Metamyr,

You are right... However; there are a couple of things to clear up here...

I have been an Opeth fan for 14 years, and thus, for me, a new Opeth album review, no more means a 'saying -why- I thought it was good, or naming off some tracks and my thoughts on them'. For after a decade and a half of following up with a certain sound from the other part of the world, tracking every single stair on its way up, it is too profound a history to simply name tracks and praise/crticize riffs, melodies and techniques.

Opeth -as per my review- and through a masterpiece after another, have simply proved to be a paragon of non-stop innovation, regardless of supposedly critical line-up changes over the years.

I might have skipped going prolix on speaking of the grandeur of a Heir Apparent, a Master Apprentice, or had to shed more light on a brilliantly clever notion, as that of turning a static laughter into an annoying monotonous stream of beats that opens a never ending flood of interpretations after bathing in the velvet atmosphere of "The Burden".

I would disagree with you on one point though; regarding 'giving any type of constructive thought on the album', and ask you to make a second -deeper- attempt into certain points I did respectively refer to.

All in all, if only I knew how immediate the publishing of my initial review was going to be, I would have underlined how this article may sound to some, and why.

Thank you for drawing my attention to what was missing, critical approaches are mostly interesting and useful.

Regards,

Yara Sophia

I don't understand... Someone reviews an Opeth album and Opeth fans review the review here?

So when I quote a post in this thread, will I be reviewing the "review of a review of an Opeth album" ? Sweet.