Opeth - what the fuck?

It would be cool to get a review of the the show expecially on how the crowd reacts to opeth.

Opeth are not only playing the Festival but prior to it 5 TotalRock sopnsored concerts around Great Britain starting the 26th of May and support comes from Arch Enemy!!! who will be also playing the festival.

Opeth and Arch Enemy together is going to be awesome!!!

Maybe they're trying to get a broader fan base. I knew it... double c.d release, alternative festivals.... it's all heading downhill

That's what I thought too, requiem, but not in a bad way. ;)

I was thinking first, "I HATE THESE PEOPLE THAT SET UP THE SHOWS" that do that. People that seem like they have no clue what these bands sound like and just put them all together, but maybe Opeth are trying to reach their fans. Maybe they're trying to offer live music everywhere they possibly can...maybe.

well i think it would be good for people to have their ears cleaned out with Opeth, only thing is im not sure if they'll be apreciated, i went to a musicfest thingy, and when good bands came on (4/9 were good) the gay arse crowd shouted for the songs to be fast, 'yeah u got any fast songs, speed yea'' i mean what the fuck :angry: i just hope some of them by the end go out and buy a few of their cds...

That's got to be so hard to keep playing when crowds get like that. Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Thankfully, I've never even been in a crowd with people like that.

yep that's happened to me with two of my favourite bands: dredg(supporting alien ant farm) and dillinger escape plan (supporting system of a down), the former being one of my very favourite bands of all time... i hate people who show no respect to bands on stage.

All the other bands suck ass? ALL THE OTHER BANDS SUCK ASS!!?? do Arch Enemy mean nothing to you? They were added to the bill a couple of weeks ago. Anyone nearer to exeter than, say, tanzania is obliged to go and see opeth and arch enemy and a couple of other reasonably good new bands like sikth and breed 77.